PDA

View Full Version : HOA contracts

neukam
03-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey guys is there a place on the internet that I could find contracts for HOA'S? Or what is the best way to get a HOA contract? Also any plus sides to these contracts?

EasyPro
03-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey guys is there a place on the internet that I could find contracts for HOA'S? Or what is the best way to get a HOA contract? Also any plus sides to these contracts?

We specialize in serving high end resi clients as well as HOA's and PM's . . . HOA's are by far the hardest to get in with but the plus is once you do . . . your normally set! I have a HOA I do snow removal for. Hoping to pick up lawn care and pressure washing this year as well with them

Steve
03-21-2009, 07:54 AM
DJ do you have any advice for him as far as how to go about getting HOA contracts?

EasyPro
03-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Check you PM . . .Steve I don't like making that info public if that's understandable . . we cover a large geographical area and you never know who could be reading

SuperiorPower
03-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Ok guys,m you lost me. What is "HOA"? I know it probably does not apply to me but curousity is killing the cat....:D

Steve
03-21-2009, 02:54 PM
I hate using acronyms. Sorry about that.

It's home owners association.

When trying to land home owner associations, you need to know people. You need to meet up with people. Each one of these associations is their own little fiefdom that you need to go in, meet with, try to win them over and get their business.

Find where these associations are. Find when they are meeting. Go over there and bring them some treats for the meetings. Donuts. Food. Whatever. Get on their good side and see if you can present them with a bid. Point out problems you found on the property that you would address.

Does this help?

SuperiorPower
03-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Yes. Thanks. Now I feel kinda stupid but then I suppose we all know different things and this is one of those things I have never run across.

Thanks again,
Eli

neukam
03-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys for the info! All I can say is I love this site. and every one is great.

Steve
03-21-2009, 10:31 PM
You are welcome! What's your plan of attack now?

SuperiorPower
03-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I think he is going to "nuke 'em"!!!! Oh, sorry, I read the name wrong but I could not resist!!:D

neukam
03-22-2009, 10:57 PM
LOL Well you did pronounse neukam right!!! I am trying to get on the good side of the Management company. I have been a past contractor for them because of my past employeer. I also write a landscaping section in my HOA's newsletter. So I am trying to get myself and my company in front of them as much as possible.

Steve
03-22-2009, 11:34 PM
I also write a landscaping section in my HOA's newsletter. So I am trying to get myself and my company in front of them as much as possible.

What kind of results or responses have you gotten from that? Also how did you get involved with that?

neukam
03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Well I got the gig writing the section after someone else wrote in the newsletter and was completly wrong about the information they were presenting. And I made a comment on it. So I have worked out a deal.

I pay for the printing of the newsletter which costs me about 30 bucks a month. And in exchange I get to put my business card on the page.

Steve
03-25-2009, 09:17 PM
That is smart! Great job!

Have you been tracking to see if you are getting calls from it or jobs?

neukam
03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah I have been keeping track of it. As of right now I only have one contract from the newsletter. But mowing season doesn't really start for at least another week. This year is going to be a wierd year since we are in a major drought. So the grass isn't growing much except the weeds.

Steve
03-27-2009, 12:09 PM
How do you work in a plug for your business in your articles? Do you include a picture of yourself? That would be great if you did! It would help sell you even more.

With a current drought, maybe you can write articles on topics that would be pertinent to a drought period. Talk about plants that are more hardy maybe? How to care for a lawn during a drought etc?