PDA

View Full Version : Accepting credit cards improved your business at all?

usmcman001
03-20-2009, 02:45 PM
He yall I have been recieving tons of flyers in the mail about CC machines and was wondering if this has helped anyone get more clientele? It seems alot more conveinent but I just dont know about doing it yet. Let me know your thoughts.

Steve
03-20-2009, 03:00 PM
What kind of prices have you been seeing for what you are looking for? Monthly and one time?

picframer
03-20-2009, 05:10 PM
What kind of prices have you been seeing for what you are looking for? Monthly and one time?

I will be offering it to Lawn Care as we can maintain the CC info and process a debit once a month, that way I never worry about receivables, not sure how much it will increase business.

Now on the woodowrking side, we do a number of craft shows, due to the cost I avoided credit cards but gave in around 18 months ago, sales increased 28% and we did loose a lot of business prior as we didnt accept.

Little's
03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
I accepted credit cards for a year. I offered it to all my customers, and sent them all a letter letting them know that I am now a certified merchant, but didnt have anyone accept. I even put the option on the bottom of my Gopher invoices with an area for CC#, exp. date, etc.

I had one customer pay that way on a brush clearing job, but only did it to get the frequent flyer miles. haha
It cost me $10 per month, over a year and I dont feel it helped my business at all. I finally decided just to use PayPal if anyone NEEDS to pay that way.

Steve
03-21-2009, 07:07 AM
I finally decided just to use PayPal if anyone NEEDS to pay that way.

It seems depending on your needs, that can be a very easy way to accept credit cards. I don't think a credit card machine is needed unless you have a store front so you can swipe it, otherwise, just entering the information in a computer works great.

lawnofthemonth
03-28-2009, 09:05 PM
He yall I have been recieving tons of flyers in the mail about CC machines and was wondering if this has helped anyone get more clientele? It seems alot more conveinent but I just dont know about doing it yet. Let me know your thoughts.

id like more info as well! as soon as i got my tax id i got flooded with calls about this.