PDA

View Full Version : New Comer

BLP
03-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Just wanted to say HI to everybody on the Gopher Forum. I found this site by browsing the Internet for landscaping ideas. Yall have really been helpful with new ideas for My Landscaping Company.

This will be my third full year of landscaping and Iím PUMPED for the New Year to get going. I do landscaping part time because of my 8-5 job during the day so I cant go at it full force like some guys can. I started landscaping with a push mower in the back of the truck a weed eater and a blower with an extension cord. This year I have most of everything I need to really make so good money. Hopefully!!

I love all the information I get from everyone on the forum and will be a regular on the site!!!!
Thank you!!

Brannan
Marietta, GA

Steve
03-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi Brannan,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your business and market it?

BLP
03-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Ive been passing out business cards everyday on my lunch break and putting post on CL everyday. Im going to start "Knuckle Marketing" this weekend. That really sounds like a good idea to meet people and let them see what kind of person you are.

Steve
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Oh great! Are you a member of any local social organizations that you have been able to network and market through?

BLP
03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
No im not.

Steve
03-20-2009, 01:10 PM
That's something to consider. Things like local home owners associations, business groups like the chamber of commerce. Even local churches. The more people you know, the more you can sell too.

Are you planning on making this your full time business in the future? Have you figured out what you will need to do that?

BLP
03-23-2009, 11:09 AM
That is a great idea.

Yes I would really like to do this full time. I think Iím learning as I go pretty good. What Iím working on now is scheduling and keeping organized. I hate not being organized!!!!

Steve
03-23-2009, 11:20 AM
What Iím working on now is scheduling and keeping organized.
You should consider downloading the 30 day free trial of Gopher Software (http://www.gophersoftware.com) to help you schedule jobs and keep organized.

Im going to start "Knuckle Marketing" this weekend.

Did you get a chance to do this over the weekend? What was your reaction to it?