PDA

View Full Version : An add in the 1 page coffee shop news.

Lukacs Property Maintenance
03-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey everyone,

I would like to run a free add in this paper and make it so people phone to book now, which is the best time.

Something like:

Are you looking to get your yard maintenance taken care off this year? Well if you are please give Lukacs Property Maintenance a call to book now before your spot is taken.
Contact Mike at ###-###-####

Dose this make it sound pushy or desperate. Do you think that people will not phone thinking that all the spots WILL be taken?

Mike

picframer
03-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Just my personal opinion/experience.

I prefer a softer approach, the few times that I have responded to a time limited offer it was not turned out well, last year comes to mind, there was an advertisement for paving and a limited time offer, I called and had the fellow out, received a quote, said I would like to check a few references, the No Time line/we are almost booked solid came out which was a red flag to me, anyhow I passed but did check them out, I forget how many complaints were filed with the better business bureau....had similar experiences with a water softener company, paint company. I dunno, just seems like an act of desperation and people know there are many companies offering services we do, if we sound desperate then, we probably are and that leads to questions.

Steve
03-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Are you looking to get your yard maintenance taken care off this year? Well if you are please give Lukacs Property Maintenance a call to book now before your spot is taken.
Contact Mike at ###-###-####

Dose this make it sound pushy or desperate. Do you think that people will not phone thinking that all the spots WILL be taken?

Hi Mike,

The ad will get your name out. If someone is looking for a lawn care company at that time, they will call you. You can do things like FREE SOIL TEST, call Mike at Lukacs Property Maintenance for all your lawn care maintenance needs. Prepay for this year's lawn care and get X% off your bill.

Something like that. Experiment with your ads because you never know what will work.

I look forwards to seeing what you go with. What's the coffee shop news and how is the ad free?

Steve
03-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Offer them an exclusive online coupon. That way you are doing some pre-selling with your website before they call you.

What would you suggest? And can you tell us the importance of doing 'pre-selling' on your web-site first?

03-23-2009, 08:11 PM
What's the coffee shop news and how is the ad free?

I think the larger adds along the sides pay for the smaller word adds. I don't know exactly how it works.

Mike

Steve
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Let us know how it turns out!

04-16-2009, 01:07 PM
What i think i am tring to get across to people is now is the time to book your lawn care. Maybe i should just say that in the add.Duh I think that i'm over thinking.

What do you think?

mike

Steve
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Sure, you want to get your name out always and at this point you want people to think ahead and say I will need a lawn care business to service my property for the season.

Try that out and see how it works. Also keep meeting new people! Hand out business cards daily! Network :)

LawncareMarketingMagic
04-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Creating some urgency is always a good idea and just because other bozos say stuff like 'limited time offer' doesn't mean you shouldn't. The problem with the other morons is that their service doesn't measure up.

The real issue though is that you want to present prospects with a valuable offer, something like 'Free Soil Test' as Steve mentioned, or 'Free Guide to Selecting the RIGHT Lawn Care Company by visiting www.YourWebsite.com'.

Instead of trying to sell them your services from a small ad, sell them on taking a smaller, less risky step in the sales process like requesting additional information, or visiting your website.

Do that and I guarantee you'll at least double the number of responses you'd get.