PDA

View Full Version : Business startup in Indiana

englishrose
03-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I have recently moved over to Indiana from the UK and want to start a lawn care business.
Can anyone tell me what sort of prices i should be charging, and whether i need any licences etc.
Am new to this type of business:o

TIA

Steve
03-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Tia,

I would say check out the compare your lawn care prices section (http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/pages/average-price.php) here. You can get a good idea of what you should be charging from looking at those charts.

The licensing does depend on what kinds of services you will be offer. Have you thought about what you want to do? What kinds of services would they be?

Have you also thought about how you are going to market your business?

CHEESE2009
03-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Hi,

I have recently moved over to Indiana from the UK and want to start a lawn care business.
Can anyone tell me what sort of prices i should be charging, and whether i need any licences etc.
Am new to this type of business:o

TIA

Have you ever worked in this sort of business before? I recommend calling other companies & asking them for an estimate. First you should measure out how many feet your lawn is, and they might also be interested in what obstacles they might have to go through.. distance, hills, trees, water mains... etc

I'd rather give someone with a bigger lawn which is flat with no obstacles a lower price then someone with a smaller one with flower beds all over the place.

StartALawnCareBusiness
03-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Hello EnglishRose:

Which part of the UK do you hale from? I have deep roots in Liverpool.

You will likely need a standard business license for your business. Check with your local court house and give them your estimated revenue expectations for the coming year. If you fall under a certain threshold, you may not need to file with them. Also, consider purchasing business insurance.