PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Tactics!!!!

CHEESE2009
03-16-2009, 01:23 PM
So I was discussing this over with my girlfriends father, he happens to be religious & a church go-er.

His words, "Why not promote your services at the church, ask for a few customers & offer to service the church for free?" (only if you GET the customers you need)

This is recommended obviously for small lawns, or people who can handle the big church lawns.

He also lives on a corner where it's very busy, beside an elementary school & soccer fields. He told me I could advertise & place up signs on his lawn, if I cut his grass. LOTS of parents will pass the sign, it just might work. :D

Steve
03-16-2009, 02:41 PM
That is awesome!

I think doing good deeds will help you grow. If you do a good deed, make sure you promote it. You should be handing out business cards to everyone you know. If you know a lot of the church members, then hand them out business cards too. Network with all your social groups.

Have you gotten business cards made yet?

EasyPro
03-16-2009, 09:25 PM
We just scheduled 6 churches we clean the side walks every year for a listing in there bulletin for 2 weeks

CHEESE2009
03-17-2009, 02:06 AM
That is awesome!

I think doing good deeds will help you grow. If you do a good deed, make sure you promote it. You should be handing out business cards to everyone you know. If you know a lot of the church members, then hand them out business cards too. Network with all your social groups.

Have you gotten business cards made yet?

I have gotten business cards made for snow removal, but unfortunately I can't get them made for grass.

I'm a fan of this Chinese buffet, I go a few times every month & they know me well. They asked me if I would like to advertise my service, by hanging my flyers on the door, drop off stacks of cards, etc. It's good to have people like this. I also have 2 depanures aka convenience stores which allow me to hang my advertisements.

If I make it out alive this year, maybe I'll pick up one of those Walker brand sit on mowers. I've used one with the company I work for, & I love it! I might be able to get a used Dixie, but I'm aiming towards new equipment. I also think Dixie mowers look like they are from hell or something with chains rattling around on them all the time.

CHEESE2009
03-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Sometimes at the mall, they have small booths set up for companies who do charity work. I bumped into one of them who was explaining how life is for people in wheelchairs. This man is fund raising for disabled persons, he ships people wheelchairs so they are able to test them out to get to know how difficult life can be being disabled. After 2 hours of talking I asked him if he'd like for me to deliver his flyers when I send mine out, I think it'd look neat to have more to fill the customers mail box with lol

Steve
03-17-2009, 09:08 AM
We just scheduled 6 churches we clean the side walks every year for a listing in there bulletin for 2 weeks

That is awesome! How did you line those up? Have you done this before? What did you think of the results?

I'm a fan of this Chinese buffet, I go a few times every month & they know me well. They asked me if I would like to advertise my service, by hanging my flyers on the door, drop off stacks of cards, etc. It's good to have people like this. I also have 2 depanures aka convenience stores which allow me to hang my advertisements.

If you are tight with them, why not get them to pay for the door hanger printing and you hand them out in the area. On one side, have your lawn care business advertisements and on the other have the chinese buffet menu or something like that?