PDA

View Full Version : Hi from NC

bteach
03-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm starting a lawn business here in NC and went searching for advice on the web and came across this website. There was more than enough info for me to get started and now i'm at the point were I get a website but need help. I downloaded the website templete zip files but how do i install or write the page html script from the files in the zip (Steve)?

Steve
03-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Welcome to our forum!

First off you need to unzip the file. Have you done that yet? Right click on it and you should see an option to unzip it or use something like the program winzip.

Once you unzip it, you can then edit the html files.

Does that help so far?

Let me know how you are doing.

bteach
03-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Ok I've unzipped the file and the explorer symbols for each page are on my desktop, but how do I get the script for each page to put in my html section of my web page?

Steve
03-17-2009, 06:27 AM
You should see some html files now. Those are the 'script' files you will want to edit to add your own custom text.

Keep me posted on how it goes.

bteach
03-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Ok I got it. I opened the explore files as documents and copied/pasted them into the script files then just changed the words around. Preciate it

Steve
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Great! Show us your website when you are done!

bteach
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
On the web temps were there is a login and name place where u can login in, how do we set up an area for the people to login in to? cause when I click on it it goes to a blank page.

Steve
03-17-2009, 12:36 PM
That was set up for another feature that is not available now.

You could use it potentially if you wanted to do a little web programming and offer some database interactivity on your site or you could just take it out.