PDA

View Full Version : Contract for Job??

rclandscaping
03-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I got a job for removal of rocks and trees around the home and I got another for building a landscape waterfall. I have a regular mowing contract for services that are recurring. But I am getting calls for 1 time services for a specific project. I gave them the bid proposal sheet and now what?? Do I have to make a contract for the work I am doing on a one time basis? Yes right. So I am having trouble making one up that is easy to read and not complicated. I was wondering if anyone has a template for 1 time service contracts. Is that what it is called. Is it a contract or just an invoice. Remember Im new and was not expecting more calls for one time services. Please Help!!

lawn-guy
03-16-2009, 12:55 AM
something as simple as this should work

The Below Document is to serve as a legal binding service contract between_________________ and _____________________. On this ____day of____________20__ both above parties agreed that_________________ will proved a service in the form of____________________________________
__________________________________________________ ___________ at the location of _________________ for the amount of_________________

both parties have agreed to these terms and they shall be considered a legal contract.

Customer__________________________date____________ _

contractor_________________________date___________ __

granted this isnt very fancy but it should cover you in case anything happens

picframer
03-16-2009, 04:51 AM
I had my lawyer do one up for Landscaping so I can't post it, I can make a few suggestions including a google search:

Be very careful on offering a fixed quote, when you start removing rocks, what you see is not what you get, it's what's under the soil that can cause you a headache, therefore I have a clause that the quote is based on X hours to do >>>>>>>> however should we run into the unforeseen all changes will be discussed with "Homeowner"

Need lots of insurance for tree removal, need a clause that should any damage be done to a structure that was beyond your control during removal, you will not be responsible. Sometimes root systems can be in and around the foundation, be careful.

Put a line that your estimate includes X loads of removal, should the job require removal beyond this estimate a rate of $XX.XX per load shall apply.

Owner has to be responsible for soil to replace product removed, replacement soil shall be screened etc. what you don't want is a load of junk fill, and what I mean by that is fill full of clay, larger rocks etc.

Those are a few things that come to mind. Estimating landscaping is desperate hard, at least where I live due to granite, very heavy clay content etc. I stick to a per hour rate with an estimate of X hours.

rclandscaping
03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
ok thank you. We are not removing huge trees, just small ones in the way front of the yard far from the house. But I will take that into consideration. Ok thanks