PDA

View Full Version : How to get accounts.

Sean70
03-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi, I have not visited this forum in a while but would just like to say hi to all of you out there. Now for my question I am a high school student who is wanting to start my own lawn care business, and I need a way to get accounts what do you recommend?
Thanks,
Sean

maizenblue301
03-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Start with family and friends. Tell them about the business and just ask them if you can maintain their yards. Then move on to friends of your family. Like your parents co-workers and friends. Give your family and friends of family business cards to hand out. Go around neighborhoods and pass out flyers and put ads on google, craigslist, merchant circle, yahoo etc.... anywhere you can advertise for free or cheap. Key is keeping your cost low so you can spend on supplies and equipment. Good luck. Your start up will be somewhat slow. Don't let it get you down, keep working at it and before you know it you will be buried with work.

M&A Lawn Care
03-13-2009, 03:06 PM
hey Im also in high school. Im a junior
i found that a good way to market/advertise your business is to print out some flyers and go door to door handing them out. that way people can meet you face to face. also i would get 1 or 2 shirts made with your business name/logo and your phone number on the front and back and ware them ALOT

Steve
03-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Hi Sean,

Are you taking care of any lawns yet? Even if it's your own home. What about your neighbors? Do they know you are in business?

Sean70
03-14-2009, 06:29 PM
I take care of my own lawn, and my neighbors do not know yet I am just trying to start up.

Steve
03-15-2009, 03:42 AM
I take care of my own lawn, and my neighbors do not know yet I am just trying to start up.

Well there is a great next step! Flyers and business cards for your neighbors and people in your area!

Edmir
09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Advertise in your local paper. Before the mowing season starts sometime in March, let the add run for at least one month. Make business cards, give them to your friends, neighbours?

If you go to church give out your cards, or any events that include people?

Teachers, or social events?

Make your t-shirts, and look professional. Be honest, but also try to be firm on your prices?

Offer free estimates. Talk to people, take your time to know them, how they dress, what they drive, the type of house they live, that will tell you and also give you an idea what to charge, or weather they can afford your services?

Hope that helped.

Wish you luck.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Talk to people, take your time to know them, how they dress, what they drive, the type of house they live, that will tell you and also give you an idea what to charge, or weather they can afford your services?

Will never understand this way of sales. How much can I get out of you mentality. I have my costs and prices you cant afford it, sorry hire the little kid down the street. I have per sq ft prices and my minimums a monkey could do my estimates its the "sales" part that is the game changer.

Also by the way look at time stamps most the post you have been commenting on have been dead for atleast a yr or 2..... just sayn.......

Edmir
09-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Will never understand this way of sales. How much can I get out of you mentality. I have my costs and prices you cant afford it, sorry hire the little kid down the street. I have per sq ft prices and my minimums a monkey could do my estimates its the "sales" part that is the game changer.

Also by the way look at time stamps most the post you have been commenting on have been dead for atleast a yr or 2..... just sayn.......

What's up with your attitude? This was just a sugesstion. I understand very well how this business works?

I don't expect you to get anything out of my mentality. This is a forum, and people express their opinions or ideas. I am not here to brainwash anyone, nor offend anyone. My ideas have worked great for me. They might not work for you? By the way in this type of business you have to adjust to change, this is a cut throat business?

Most of my commenting have been dead for at least a year or 2, what do you care about it? I am busy running my business, instead sitting here and reading your nonsense comments.

Best of Luck to you.

Steve
09-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Have you found there is a correlation between the way a customer dresses and their ability to afford service? Or the car they drive?

Do you find that those who look 'poorer' tend to look for the lowest price?

Also, if you are at a house that looks like it is expensive, do you ever find yourself adding a premium to your bid because you think you can charge more? Does that strategy work?