PDA

View Full Version : Barcode

claytons
03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Have any of you ever purchased a barcode scanner off Amazon? Also can someone please direct me to the best place to read up on how to use the barcode scanner. Thanks

justin_time
03-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Just check out my previous post on Perforated paper/barcode here

Bar code post (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=8075&highlight=bar+code)

claytons
03-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks. I did that, but it doesn't have much info. Is there anywhere else i can read up???? What about that palm software??? Has anyone used it?

justin_time
03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks. I did that, but it doesn't have much info. Is there anywhere else i can read up???? What about that palm software??? Has anyone used it?

What kind of info are you looking for the barcode scanner ?

claytons
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
To be honest I'm not sure. Amazon has a bunch of them, I was just wondering if it had to be a specific one. Can I use one that scans the entire code at one time, or does it have to go from left to right?

claytons
03-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Would one of these work?
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barcode+reader&x=0&y=0

justin_time
03-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I emailed support before I bought mine and they told me as long as it can read code 39 your bar code scanner will work

grounded
03-14-2009, 09:30 AM
So just how many of use the barcode scanner?

Do you feel the scanner a time saver or is there room for improvement on the Gopher software side.

Personally I'd like to see the route sheet barcode actually use the customer name instead of the database id record. The scanner is a valuable tool for tracking movement and location times with the right scanner. I use my scanner for tracking equipment location and hrs of use as well as customer time stamps.

Have a great season!

Tom

claytons
03-14-2009, 11:48 AM
I got a scanner from amazon last night and had in overnighted. Its the first one on the list, from the link below. It works great. I used it on a test sample of what my schedule will be, and it is awesome. I loaded in 25 mowings and had them invoiced in less than a minute. This is going to be a huge time and aggravation saver. I HIGHLY recommend.

justin_time
03-14-2009, 02:38 PM
What kind did ya get ?

coi
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Just wondering which model bar code reader you purchased. How much was it?

How does that work exactly... do you have to use a laptop out in the field or can you just scan the jobs completed when you get back from the day...

Thanks!

justin_time
03-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Just wondering which model bar code reader you purchased. How much was it?

How does that work exactly... do you have to use a laptop out in the field or can you just scan the jobs completed when you get back from the day...

Thanks!

I got the WASP pen scanner and you just plug it in the USB port and off you go, no installation to do.

I got mine off Ebay

Let me know if you have any questions

claytons
03-16-2009, 11:08 AM
The one i got is just like one you would see at 7-11. No software to set up, you just plug it into your laptop and go. Actually you do have to scan 10 barcodes in the owners manual that comes with it. I'll post the link.

claytons
03-16-2009, 11:09 AM
www.amazon.com/Contact-Barcode-Scanner-Rugged-Design/dp/B000GGTTC8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1237219722&sr=8-1