PDA

View Full Version : Fertilizer 4 step program-need help!

outerelements
03-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Today, a customer called asking to have a fertilizer 4 step program on his lawn this year. Needless to say, I have not set or performed this program.

Can anyone here give me some suggestions on this?

Thanks

swstout
03-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Below is a summary of what our four Step Fertilizer Program consists of:

1 Early Spring - This application includes a pre-crabgrass preventer. I use 36-3-4 with crabgrass preventer.

2 Late Spring - This application includes the pre-emergent weed control. I use 29-3-3 with weed control.

3 Summer - This application has the optimum ingredients to quickly green up the lawn and stimulate root and seeding development with Insect control. I use 30-3-3 with Insect control.

4 Fall - This application is needed to sustain feeding and protect from winter damage. I use 24-3-12.

I use Ace Hardware Fertilizers. I made an agreement where I buy exclusively from them, and they promote me and my services very well. They also carry all anything I could need in their rental shop (stump grinders, excavation equipment, heavy duty roto tilling equipment, etc). And they give me 10%.

Steve

Steve
03-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I use Ace Hardware Fertilizers. I made an agreement where I buy exclusively from them, and they promote me and my services very well.

That is fantastic! How did you come up with this idea!

Have you found customers through them?

I am guessing a home owner would go to the store and say they want a nicer lawn but don't want to do the work and then the store sends them to you? Or do you have marketing material in the store? What do you suggest?

swstout
03-11-2009, 11:11 PM
That is fantastic! How did you come up with this idea!

Have you found customers through them?

I am guessing a home owner would go to the store and say they want a nicer lawn but don't want to do the work and then the store sends them to you? Or do you have marketing material in the store? What do you suggest?

I came up with the idea from a Gopher Forum posting! I just expanded on it.

I started last Friday and have received 4 call so far. Three wanted a quote over the phone and I told them I really had to see the property first. One set up an appointment. The other wants to see me over the weekend.

As to the store referring me - both their recommendation (phone number and website) and flyers etc.

Steve
03-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Have you looked into if they would pay for printing if you got door hangers made with your marketing material on one side and theirs on the other?

Or if you did postcards and mailed them?

swstout
03-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Have you looked into if they would pay for printing if you got door hangers made with your marketing material on one side and theirs on the other?

Or if you did postcards and mailed them?

I hadn't though of that. It has possibilities.

My door hanger is already printed on both sides but I could redesign it. I buy blank stock and print them myself with a HP Color LaserJet 1600.

After a little thought I don't think I would ask them to contribute. My adding it on to my door hangers could go a long way to further cement our working relationship. Good will goes a long way!

Steve ;)

outerelements
03-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Below is a summary of what our four Step Fertilizer Program consists of:

1 Early Spring - This application includes a pre-crabgrass preventer. I use 36-3-4 with crabgrass preventer.

2 Late Spring - This application includes the pre-emergent weed control. I use 29-3-3 with weed control.

3 Summer - This application has the optimum ingredients to quickly green up the lawn and stimulate root and seeding development with Insect control. I use 30-3-3 with Insect control.

4 Fall - This application is needed to sustain feeding and protect from winter damage. I use 24-3-12.

I use Ace Hardware Fertilizers. I made an agreement where I buy exclusively from them, and they promote me and my services very well. They also carry all anything I could need in their rental shop (stump grinders, excavation equipment, heavy duty roto tilling equipment, etc). And they give me 10%.

Steve

Thanks for your help- I ran over this program with my customer and he seems more than pleased. My only available fertilizer options however, are made by Scott's.

Thanks again!

Steve
03-12-2009, 04:18 PM
My only available fertilizer options however, are made by Scott's.

Why is that the case?