PDA

View Full Version : gopher online lawn care business school

lawn-guy
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
lets see if we can get this thread stickied and have everone post there thoughts and opinions on school here as well as there results...

lawn-guy
03-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Also lets get some opinions from some of the owners/supervisors on items that should be on a test for prospective/new employees . basicly a test to determine there current knowledge and teach them the basics of the industry

Steve
03-10-2009, 10:44 PM
basicly a test to determine there current knowledge and teach them the basics of the industry

What kinds of things do you find you need to test employees and staff with?

lawn-guy
03-11-2009, 09:07 AM
everything from starting equipment, checking oil, changin blades to replacing trimmer string.

how to proper operate mowers,blower trimmer(Not blowing clippings n rocks onto cars or towards gardens,beds or People)

What to do in a emergency situation

Steve
03-11-2009, 09:56 AM
What to do in a emergency situation

What kinds of emergency situations are you thinking of off the top of your head?

lawn-guy
03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
auto accident hitting some one with rock breaking a window injuring them selves breaking a water or gas line

Steve
03-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Great!

So what would you recommend your employee to do if they happened to do the following?

auto accident

hitting some one with rock

breaking a window

injuring them selves

breaking a water or gas line

lawn-guy
03-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Great!

So what would you recommend your employee to do if they happened to do the following?

auto accident
check for injurys - call ems -call office- exchange info and NEVER admit guily-take pictures

hitting some one with rock
administer first aid/stabilize victum-call ems-call office fill out incident report and take picture

breaking a window
call office-take pictures-clean up glass-secure broken window-fill out incident report

injuring them selves
administer first aid-call ems if needed-call office-fill out incident report

breaking a water or gas line
Immediately cut off all equipment -move away from area-call ems-call office-keep by standers away from property-fill out incident report-take pictures(ifis a water pipe locate main valve and shut off)

Here are a few responses that i would say are appropriate

outerelements
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I think it would be beneficial if you each time you signed onto the class, a message would tell you which session you last left off on. I find myself going through several of them before I get to the next unfinished one.

Outer Elements Lawn & Landscape

Steve
03-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I think it would be beneficial if you each time you signed onto the class, a message would tell you which session you last left off on. I find myself going through several of them before I get to the next unfinished one.

Thank you, that is another great idea to work on.

Great ideas so far!

how to proper operate mowers,blower trimmer

What would you want to train new employees about these topics?