PDA

View Full Version : things that may make you stand out from the croud?

Lukacs Property Maintenance
03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
I've been thinking.Dose anyone do pruning or other things other then stripping to lawns to set themselves apart from others. Some other lco shear the cedars hedges to look like a castle wall. I personaly would shear it to be wider at the bottom then at the top for the sunlight to get to all the foliage.

Mike

Steve
03-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Oh now that is interesting! I guess it caught your attention right? Do you have any pictures of it you can show us?

SuperiorPower
03-11-2009, 12:34 AM
That is very interesting and neat!!!

The biggest thing that sets me apart from my competitors is that I am the only person with my mechanic experience that has a "mobile service". I have been able to pickup a local Fire Department because their equipment needs to stay in service. The only time any equipment goes out of service is when it breaks down or when I take it out of service for a few moments to service it. This is so unique that no one else is even bidding on the job......

picframer
03-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I am the only company I have been able to find in our city that offers Organic Lawn care, Organic is big in this neck of the woods.

I offer driveway sweeping as I have a sweeper on one of the tractors, garden tilling and just about any type of landscape project. I also offer driveway grading, a very big opportunity in the areas just outside Halifax (5 min+) as most have gravel driveways. I know I personally would have paid someone for years to do mine but could never find anyone so I have the gear and will start advertising in a month or so. Post hole digging as I have that attachment which could lead to fence construction also.

picframer
03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I've been thinking.Dose anyone do pruning or other things other then stripping to lawns to set themselves apart from others. Some other lco shear the cedars hedges to look like a castle wall. I personaly would shear it to be wider at the bottom then at the top for the sunlight to get to all the foliage.

Mike

I spent a few weeks in vancouver last summer on business, went riding (rented a Harley for a couple of days)through a few communities and was shocked at the hedges, I saw some that were at least 20 feet high, owners had archways cut to walk in, window type openings etc. I forget which street but it was in the Richmound area, I have never seen anything like this, simply beautiful!

Steve
03-12-2009, 12:20 AM
I also offer driveway grading, a very big opportunity in the areas just outside Halifax (5 min+) as most have gravel driveways. I know I personally would have paid someone for years to do mine but could never find anyone so I have the gear and will start advertising in a month or so.

Great thinking!

What do you have to do to do this service? What equipment do you need?

picframer
03-12-2009, 04:59 AM
Great thinking!

What do you have to do to do this service? What equipment do you need?

Just a smaller four wheel drive tractor (a two wheel drive would do it with the right tires and weight) took pictures of my driveway, printed a bunch at Walmart to either hand out (finished project) or talk to the person if they are out, picked up 8 so far with very little effort, just waiting for the ground to harden up a bit, you need a landscape rake and guage wheelsm depending on the quality your investment will be $165.00 to $750.00++

ritchiem
03-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I've been thinking.Dose anyone do pruning or other things other then stripping to lawns to set themselves apart from others. Some other lco shear the cedars hedges to look like a castle wall. I personally would shear it to be wider at the bottom then at the top for the sunlight to get to all the foliage.

I went to university...and stay current within the industry. We also provide organic lawn care...I am surprise that not many people have jumped on organics yet. Even with all the pesticide bans.

Steve
03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Just a smaller four wheel drive tractor (a two wheel drive would do it with the right tires and weight)

This seems like it can be a daunting task! What have you found to be the best way to regrade gravel driveways, especially if they haven't been cared for in a while and are rutted from usage?

picframer
03-12-2009, 06:26 PM
This seems like it can be a daunting task! What have you found to be the best way to regrade gravel driveways, especially if they haven't been cared for in a while and are rutted from usage?

Not really, the attachment does all the work, yes it does take a little practise but the machinery does all the work. A rake will do the majority of driveways, it were in really bad shape with major rutts and potholes, it best to dig them out, that is done with a box scraper. Both the scraper and the rake get pulled with the tractor, it's a fairly simply process. Running the back hoe takes a few hours of practise, both my daughter who is 15 and my son who is 18 can run all of these very easy and do a good job, even some of their friends can run the equipment.

Lukacs Property Maintenance
03-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Oh now that is interesting! I guess it caught your attention right? Do you have any pictures of it you can show us?

I'll get them up asap.

Mike