PDA

View Full Version : Intro *waving*

pinkchick
03-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone!! I just am doing as requested by Steve and saying hi and introducing myself :eek: I'm just starting a landscaping business in northeast Ohio and was looking for some info on marketing...so hi...and I look forward to reading, chatting and posting as time permits!! pinkchick :o

Steve
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your lawn care business?

and was looking for some info on marketing.

What kinds of things have you been doing thus far? What do you feel makes you stand out and be unique from other lawn care businesses in your area?

pinkchick
03-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks Steve! I'm sure our interest is similar to others...you get to the point where you're maxxed out in pay with no chances of advancement in a small landscaping company. So...we decided to go it alone...or give it a shot *moonlighting if you will* for this season...to see if we can get enough customers to go it alone by next spring! We haven't really done much so far, just word of mouth (family/friends)...looked into buying a couple small businesses, but decided to go it alone. So we're going to put flyers out, get our equipment ready and maybe use something like the 'free gas card' idea from one of the flyers you have posted here that I saw. Not sure what makes us unique yet though :confused:

Steve
03-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Not sure what makes us unique yet though

Well, for instance, say your lawn care business name was pinkchick lawn care. Oh my gosh would you have something to stand out with. Can you imagine everything pink!

Sometimes we see people who are firemen take that and insert it into their marketing. They play up the fact they are firemen and people trust firemen so they will want to call their business.

If you have unique interests or hobbies they all can be taken and leveraged to be used in your marketing to make you stand out.

pinkchick
03-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I can definitely imagine everything pink, however, my boys would NOT approve LOL Hubby and son would not push pink mowers, drive pink logo'd trucks or wear pink shirts and hats...so boo...that will NOT work LOL

I'll have to think of something else then...but definitely a good idea to use something like a hobby or interest to promote the business. I think pink would be best but there is NO way I'd talk them into it! Bad enough I want to put pink flowers on the flyers :o

Steve
03-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Think about things that you can use to get involved with the community more.

The other week, one of the forum members talked about how he was into paintball and I was telling him he could organize community paint ball events. This would be a great thing to throw on the back of a flyer to promote your lawn care business and that you are community based and want to get involved with your community.

When you stop and think about it, I bet you could come up with a lot of ideas that are unique to you and your business and that will help you stand out. Standing out helps you sell more :)

pinkchick
03-10-2009, 12:25 PM
When you stop and think about it, I bet you could come up with a lot of ideas that are unique to you and your business and that will help you stand out. Standing out helps you sell more :)

Absolutely!! Thanks for the help...now i just gotta put on my painful thinking cap :eek:

Steve
03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Keep us posted on what you come up with :)