PDA

View Full Version : Forum Pet Peeve

Joe Mow
03-10-2009, 09:28 AM
In other forums, I'm used to reading the first post on top, and following the thread as I go down the page. Here it's just the opposite. Is there a way I can change this?:confused:

This is in regards to the threads themselves, not the thread indexes.

Steve
03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Welcome to our forum!

When I see the post, I see it as the first post up top and the rest below.

Maybe it's a setting per user?

Anyone else experience something different?

Joe Mow
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Your reply was on top of my original post. When I view threads, I have to go to the last page of the thread (like 5 of 5) and scroll to the bottom of the 5th page to read the original post. Scroll up for message number 2 and so on. When page 5 is done, I go to page 4, scroll to the bottom and start reading up again. The last post (or most recent) will appear as the top post on page one.
:mad:

SuperiorPower
03-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I was plagued by the same problem when I first came here. Then I found that you can go to the top/right hand side, just above the thread itself (not the top of the page but just above the thread) and click on the drop down menu called "Display modes". This is next to the "thread tools", "search this thread", and "rate this thread" drop down menus...... Hope this helps....

Eli

Joe Mow
03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks Eli. Gotter done. Aside from the flow-chart looking thing up top, all's as it should be.
Thanks again.

usmcman001
03-10-2009, 06:56 PM
yes I noticed if you log out it is normal. When you log in it is backwards. Nobody want to use a threaded version and have to click on each one when you change the settings. Hopefully Steve can get this done. It is a pian in the neck to read everthing bottom to top.

Joe Mow
03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Glad to know it's just not me.
I like this place and what to hang out...if it's easy to navigate.

Steve
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I never had that problem so I didnt even know it existed or how to fix it! Thanks for the info!

SuperiorPower
03-11-2009, 02:43 AM
no problemo!! Just glad I could be of assistance!!