PDA

View Full Version : Ga Newb Here

ChrisGA
03-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Just stopping by to say hey been reading around for a few hours. Starting up a lawn care business with in a month and im reading all I can get haha.

Only trouble im having is that on these forums when I click on a thread it doesnt show the first 1 or 2 including what the original poster posted ???

Thanks
CHRIS

Steve
03-08-2009, 05:50 AM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to our forum!

What go you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

Only trouble im having is that on these forums when I click on a thread it doesnt show the first 1 or 2 including what the original poster posted ???

Is it possible you are reading a thread that has a bunch of pages? maybe it's pulling up the latest post?

ChrisGA
03-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Not really sure Steve but I will figure out my problem haha.

What got me interested in starting my own lawn care business? Well for a season and a half I have helped my friend with his lawn care business mowing lawns. We would put in 8-9 hours in at work and go mow 4-5 lawns a day till dark. Well he blew a motor at the end of the mowing season in 08. I quit my job not long after that to peruse another job and that job layed me off with in a month so im un-employed so I decided I would start a lawn care business. I enjoyed doing it with my friend and we both made decent money so im happy. Im not looking to get rich just to make a living and im great at managing money.
Hi Chris,

Welcome to our forum!

What go you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

Is it possible you are reading a thread that has a bunch of pages? maybe it's pulling up the latest post?

Steve
03-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh good!

What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your lawn care service? What did your friend do?

ChrisGA
03-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh good!

What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your lawn care service? What did your friend do?

My friend done 95% mowing yards but on weekends by himself he might go plant a flower bed or lay sod or fertilize a yard or 2 . I personally done mowing/trimming only,

I have yet to promote the business im waiting to find out more info on " Getting Started " for example LLC/Sole proprietor/etc im thinking Sole Proprieter but im finding out where to register it.

Also finding out how I get taxes start up if I need a EIN # or not etc etc. Basically trying to find this info and have no clue where to search other than these forums haha.

Also trying to find out what kind of licence I need if any or if a business license is all I need ?
All of this is racking my brain !! Any info/insight to help me would be EXTREMELY helpful.

Steve
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
If you are doing this by yourself, I don't think you need an EIN. You can register your business as a sole proprietor with the county at the county courthouse. You might need a local contractor's license and you can find that out at town hall. But with that, you should be up and running.

Keep us posted on how everything goes.

ChrisGA
03-08-2009, 09:35 PM
thanks steve for the help/info. I just got done talking to my mom and she knows a guy who owns his own business and is a tax expert and is an accountant. Im gonna go talk to him in a few days and see what he has to say. I hope to hitting my first lawn with in a month or less. Gonna advertise for a month or 2 in all of the local papers and give direct mailing a shot gonna send out 1000 fliers at the end of this month and maybe 1000 more around June. Gonna place an add on Craigslist as well

If you are doing this by yourself, I don't think you need an EIN. You can register your business as a sole proprietor with the county at the county courthouse. You might need a local contractor's license and you can find that out at town hall. But with that, you should be up and running.

Keep us posted on how everything goes.

Steve
03-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Great! All of this stuff really is no big deal and you will get through it. When you get your business registered, tell us a little how you did it so others can follow along in your footsteps :)

ChrisGA
03-08-2009, 09:47 PM
oh you bet I'll deffently report back. I got info here so maybe I can recycle back my knowledge of it and give someone else info :D

Great! All of this stuff really is no big deal and you will get through it. When you get your business registered, tell us a little how you did it so others can follow along in your footsteps :)