PDA

View Full Version : Sprayers

picframer
03-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I am curious what brand of sprayers you guys are using. I have decided to go liquid organic, there are a number of reasons, anything organic sells really well to the client area I am going after, Halifax has the toughest rules in Canada when it comes to applying anything to your lawn and I see it as a good marketing tool.

I am thinking to start out I will use backback sprayers, I considered a tow behind however many of the lawns are too small, Having said that I see a number of push sprayers and would appreciate your feedback/input into a brand and what you have found works best for you.

Thanks
Andy

Steve
03-07-2009, 08:45 PM
In another post, Mike had a picture of his sprayers in his trailer and they were Gilmour Sprayers.

http://www.gilmour.com/Tank-Sprayers/Back-Pack/Back-Pack.aspx

Have you checked them out?

picframer
03-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Yes I saw them in the image so I did a search loking for a thread to see what others were using, I see a few of the folks are using larger truck sprayers which I will look into down the road when things are big enough, I was curious what the other folks are using.

SuperiorPower
03-08-2009, 05:01 PM
I personally own a Shindaiwa sprayer. It is supposed to have one of the biggest filler holes. Supposedly it also has a higher percentage of replacable parts should that e necessary. I beleive they have the best technology/design available in the industry. They are very easy to service in the field. And should you need repair under warranty, Shindaiwa has one of the best warranties in the industry. I have inserted the Shindaiwa link for their sprayers available in Canada.

http://www.shindaiwa.com/can/en/products_2/sprayers/index.php

If you are looking to buy string trimmers I would HIGHLY recommend Shindaiwa trimmers as well. They are simply the BEST. It appears there are 2 Shindaiwa dealers right there in Halifax and 2 more not that far away. Good luck

picframer
03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks Eli,

I have tried a couple of the Shindaiwa power saws and never cared for them, a neighbour bought one of their line trimmers last summer and seems to have constant problems with it starting. I know one dealer in the city that did sell their products but is now Stihl.

SuperiorPower
03-08-2009, 10:28 PM
That is weird. I have been around Shindaiwa all my life and My dad was a dealer for them when I was growing up. We never once had a warranty claim and the units always started right up. Matter of fact, one customer used his saw for several years cutting firewood to sell. When he traded the saw in we overhauled it and sold it again. About 1-2 years later the new owner brought the saw in after finally pulling the original rope out of it. This is just a testament to how the saw started so easy it hardly ever had to be pulled more than half a pull.......

I would be interested in looking at your neighbors trimmer myself. Do you know if it is a commercial or residential model? Has he had it back to the dealer and complained about it? More commercial users in the US consider Shindaiwa to be the best trimmer available than any other brand. The next closest brand is Echo, which actually has a better warranty than Shindaiwa does right now. once again, good luck

Eli