PDA

View Full Version : Emailing Local Realtors

walkerlawncare09
03-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I need help coming up with a professional email to send to local realtors. I have already been in contact with realtors and handed out flyers and biz cards to them, but I want to try and reach more through email.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to let me know something.

Thanks,
Eric

Steve
03-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Well let's start off with what are you trying to achieve by reaching out to them.

What services are you wanting to offer?

What is the goal of the email?

maizenblue301
03-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I have e-mailed probably 12 realtors this week offering a free mowing. if they don't like the work we do no harm, no foul. but if they like it they have the option of hiring us or refering us. Well, I have gotten one response...he said he doesn't choose the companies for his clients but he would refer me to them. Not very good results in my opinion.

Hope you have better luck than me!

walkerlawncare09
03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Well let's start off with what are you trying to achieve by reaching out to them.

What services are you wanting to offer?

What is the goal of the email?

Im trying to pick up them to help with houses that are sitting and potentially be passed on the the buyer. Mowing Trimming and all the norm will be offered and like Maizen i do have a free mow offer with yearly agreement to pass on to the realtor.

Well, I have gotten one response...he said he doesn't choose the companies for his clients but he would refer me to them.

Thats all ive gotten out of talking to a couple realtors so I guess those results are typical. But that could still lead somewhere!! Alwasy hopeful.

Steve
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Could some kind of co-marketing be done with them? Maybe you could start working with some realtors where you split the printing costs of door hangers or flyers? They could advertise on one side and you on the other.

Or maybe with magnetic business cards / calendars for refrigerators.

This could allow you to build up a bond with them and I am thinking that would help you get more jobs from them in the future.

What's your thoughts on that?

Joe Mow
03-10-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm a licensed Broker. I'm not active in the market now, but I do have these observations/suggestions...
I would not email any agent unless I already had a relationship with him/her. There's a few reasons... First, MANY will view it as spam. 2nd, Many will think it's "lazy" marketing, and 3rd, many may not even get the email as it could get trapped in a spam folder.

Instead, here's what I'd do as some already have mentioned:

Visit each office and ask to distribute flyers in the agent's mailboxes. Nothing black and white, but a professional looking color piece.
Most offices have a weekly monthly sales meetings. Offer to bring donuts (agents love food) and plenty of cards & brochures to go along to a future meeting.
Visit an agent at a model home or open house and speak with them ONLY if they have no customers they're currently talking to.

If you live in a big metro area or small town, you'll obviously adjust your marketing plan of attack to agents. I'm by no means an authority on the subject, just trying to offer some insight.

Steve
03-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Joe,

When you active in the market, did you have a group of contractor contacts you would get a hold of if you needed anything done on any of the houses? Or how did that work?

Joe Mow
03-10-2009, 11:11 AM
I had a mow guy that I'd call for vacant houses with out of town sellers. The seller would OK the work/price and the mow guy would direct bill the seller.

As far as other services, I did not have a list of people I'd use, but many did, so I'd ask around. If the seller still lived in the same town, they'd handle this stuff on their own, which brings up a marketing opportunity. Sellers may want to have someone take care of their yard as they're busy house shopping, packing, etc. Especially if they move out of town.

Steve
03-10-2009, 11:26 AM
What other marketing avenues do you suggest lawn care business owners use besides contacting realtors? Is there anything you like or dislike?

randomtasker
03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
What other marketing avenues do you suggest lawn care business owners use besides contacting realtors? Is there anything you like or dislike?

Here's a tip: Talking to realiors is good, but what I found to be BETTER is talking to the property management branch of whatever realty companies are in your area. In my area, for example, there are 3 major realitors who do property management. Find the agents who specialize in this area, and present your business directly to these folks. I have done good with this, and I have held a $ 38,000 / year contract with one of them for 9 years now and running. You will be targeting shopping centers, office complexes, medical buildings, and multi family units. Aim high, ask for more than you think you can handle. Really, if you land an account that's too big for your opperation, take it as a grain of salt and treat the customer with the same friendly relaxed temperment as if you were sealing the deal on a $ 40.00 residential. People sence when you are in over your head, if you let it show. I've gotten off topic a bit, so to conclude.... "Think Property Management Companies".

Steve
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
That's a great tip! When you first started bidding on commercial properties, what kind of pitfalls did you find that you would advise others to watch out for?