PDA

View Full Version : Hello All - From Tennessee here

negleyandsons
03-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Just wanted to say hi and get my first post over with.

ooh by the way... Just bought Gopher Basic and love it. :D

Steve
03-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Hi Negley,

Thank you and Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business? Do you have any advice for others just getting started?

negleyandsons
03-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Negley,

Thank you and Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business? Do you have any advice for others just getting started?

I have mowed of and on since I was 14. Two Years ago I decided to fork over some money for a "Good" equipment and enjoy it even more. This Is the first Year of advertising, so we will see what happens. I have a good full time job, so I havn't braved the switch.:eek: mabee in a few more years.
My advice: "Do it right the first time"

Steve
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Two Years ago I decided to fork over some money for a "Good" equipment and enjoy it even more.

Oh! What did you have previously and what did you go with? How did the new equipment effect your operations?

negleyandsons
03-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Oh! What did you have previously and what did you go with? How did the new equipment effect your operations?

MTD rider,Ryobe weed eater, electric hedge trimmers, 5x8 homemade trailer.
I was working an equipment more than I was mowing.
Now I Have a Grasshopper Zero turn, Stihl Weedeater,backpack blower,hedge trimmers,chainsaw,and soon If I pick up a couple more good yards exmark tracer Hydro walk behind for the hills. (with good equipment you can acually work)

Steve
03-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh that is great! Do you have any idea how much time you were spending per week on your old equipment to keep it running? How much time are you spending on it now?

Also do you have any pics of your old set up and your new set up? I'd love to see!

negleyandsons
03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Most my equipment is new so I dont have many problems. Before It seemed like it was always something every trip. I don't think I have any pictures of old stuff. I plan on getting some pictures of my new rig soon as it gets nice here.

Steve
03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
I bet a lot of lawn care business owners find themselves in the same boat.

At what point do you suggest they make the jump and buy commercial equipment?

When their equipment breakdowns are taking more than an hour a week to maintain? More? Less? What's your thoughts?

negleyandsons
03-06-2009, 09:37 PM
At what point do you suggest they make the jump and buy commercial equipment?

When your not enjoying what you are doing because of equipment.:mad:

oooh yea... and when you can afford it!:D