PDA

View Full Version : News Paper Ad

ritchiem
03-05-2009, 12:23 PM
This ad will be going into the paper next week and running for four (4) weeks. Any thoughts on it?

ritchiem
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
I just tweaked it a bit...I like this one better

picframer
03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Rich, Do you find newspaper Ad's work? I am thinking because you are near or in cottage country it might, I believe Meaford is up around Barrie...??

If it were my $$$ and I have been giving this some thought, coffee shops, Pizza Delight etc have a two page flyer caller the coffee news, down each side is a business card sized advertisement, the flyer generally has a did you know on this date, some trivia, jokes etc. I notice in the coffee shops everyone seems to be reading these, even I do when waiting for a pizza and although I don't generally look at ad's, I have had work done by people advertising in this flyer twice.

Kijiji is a very good place to pick up business, it's how my son and his two friends got 95% of their work last summer and the only place they advertised, they turned down more work than they did, they had two trailers, two trucks my tractor and a bobcat, all they were doing was levelling fill and soil, I am pretty sure they laid some sod also and they did very well dollar wise.

I haven't advertised in a newspaper for years and only then it was woodworking the results were NIL.

Another amazing place is this 24/7 advertising, text only, on TV, if you have Rogers up there, it's cheap and the most effective way to get to the retired folk, I can't understand how one could sit all day and watch these text ad's but they really work, at my recent job, I recommended it to many security system installers and they were all blown away with the results, it isn't as expensive as one would think, I forget the rates but they were good.

I have two clients in Barrie and four in Mostoka, I spent two weeks up there last summer, OMG I could not believe the properties especially in the town of Bracebridge, that place is a gold mine for companies like yours, but probably too far away.

If I didn't live and love where I do, I would be in Bracebridge in a heart beat with this Lawncare, Excavation, Woodworking business and who knows some day I might.

picframer
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
This ad will be going into the paper next week and running for four (4) weeks. Any thoughts on it?

Here is the link: http://www.coffeenewscanada.com/locations.html

EasyPro
03-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I think it needs more of a call to action . . . News paper ads tend to get over looked .. . I would take the money you are going to spend on that and send out post cards

ritchiem
03-05-2009, 05:33 PM
I think it needs more of a call to action . . . News paper ads tend to get over looked .. . I would take the money you are going to spend on that and send out post cards

My local paper only charges $20.00 per week to run the ad. This will be an addition to my marketing campaign.

Steve
03-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Richard I like the layout, you do great work.

I would love for you to have an amazing year this year. If it were possible I think it would be great to experiment with two different ads. Take the one you have above and then have one as DJ said with an eye catching headline and call to action.

Have you played around with the free soil testing concept yet?

Maybe FREE SOIL TESTING if you call by x/x/xx

Or something that is going to make them want to jump. Then you could see which ad pulls in more callers.

Dj, what kind of call to action would you suggest?