PDA

View Full Version : More Ground Works pics

GroundWorks2009
03-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I used to use a walker style Toro which could only bag and not mulch. Now with the 60" toro I pull up next to other companies with 1 guy. These companies often have 3 and usually are already there when we come. We mow, and leave before their done and our lawns look better hands down. There is only 2 companies in town who use stripers. Ground Works is one of them. I hope to gain a much higher customer base this coming season because last year we were seen all over town making lawns look amazing with the 60" toro. I am confident that this season will be an awesome one!

maizenblue301
03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I have a 52" Toro Z-Master and to make stripes that dark I have to go over the yard like 3 times....where can I get a striper that will make them that dark...or can you make one your self?

By the way those stripes are beautiful!!!

GroundWorks2009
03-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Toro makes a different striper that only fit on Toro's. In my opinion their the best because they have a lever next to your E-brake which allows you to lower and rasie the striper.. and it is spring loaded. You can get a 52" Toro striper by searching "turf striper" on ebay. I bought one for my exmark 60". That thing stripes darker than anyhing Ive ever seen. Although I do have it on the lowest setting. Its a solid metal bar and comes with brakets to attch to your anti scalp wheels. the bar becomes one big anti scalp. No more scalping over tops of hills

When I mow a lawn all season, I start out by mowing it the same direction the first 2 times. This is all after dethatching is said and done. I mow in only 2 directions for about 8-10 visits, and then I go a new way leaving those to pop through for a few weeks. And alternate back and forth and a 10 visit ratio with only 2 angles to choose from at a time. does that make sense?

EasyPro
03-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Toro makes a different striper that only fit on Toro's. In my opinion their the best because they have a lever next to your E-brake which allows you to lower and rasie the striper.. and it is spring loaded. You can get a 52" Toro striper by searching "turf striper" on ebay. I bought one for my exmark 60". That thing stripes darker than anyhing Ive ever seen. Although I do have it on the lowest setting. Its a solid metal bar and comes with brakets to attch to your anti scalp wheels. the bar becomes one big anti scalp. No more scalping over tops of hills

When I mow a lawn all season, I start out by mowing it the same direction the first 2 times. This is all after dethatching is said and done. I mow in only 2 directions for about 8-10 visits, and then I go a new way leaving those to pop through for a few weeks. And alternate back and forth and a 10 visit ratio with only 2 angles to choose from at a time. does that make sense?

Check you PM's

Steve
03-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Great stripes!

I am trying to understand this.

Ok so on your first visit you dethatch?
Then you mow the same direction for two visits.
When you say you mow only 2 directions for about 8-10 visits do you mean to create the stripes? How does that differ from the first two visits you make when you go the same direction?

Then you go a new way? Like maybe the opposite diagonal?

Is this something that would work better if you drew a diagram maybe to explain it to us?

GroundWorks2009
03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
haha. yea, a diagram would help. .

Picture this: I mow straight with the house for 2 visits to leave some dark bold stripes.. After that, I mow horizontal with the house.. I alternate between these 2 ways for about 8-10 visits.. Then about halfway through the summer, I stop going those ways and I begin going diagonal. Because my mower is so heavy, being a full size z master, it would leave tire ruts if I went 2 ways all season.. And alternating between 4 angles at once usually doesn't allow them to pop out as much..

All my lawns still have stripes in the winter just because I always go over the exact same stripes with no overlap.. I see many companies who overlap over old lines and they end up making a mess. .

Steve
03-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I think you have fantastic results! How do you feel you are able to leverage these results with your marketing to promote your services? How do you feel you use this to stand out?

GroundWorks2009
03-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I have a welcome kit that has different sections .. In the maintenance section, I make a point about the turf striper and "ball park" appearance on any lawn. Alot of customer's say they like the "lines" the mower makes. It pretty much speaks for itself. At nighttime, all the houses i mow are eye popping. Like black and white stripes under the moonlight. Stripers will definitely make your work stand out. does answer your question?

Steve
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh yes! I am glad to see that you promote that!

I have a welcome kit that has different sections

We had talked a little about welcome kits in the past on the forum here. What sections do you suggest a new lawn care business owner include in their welcome kit?

GroundWorks2009
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Welcome kits should include different sections for all the services you offer. Combine pictures with facts and offers in small paragraphs. Ill include a sample of one below below.

Steve
03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Oh that is fantastic. Now would that be the welcome letter you include? Do you also include brochures on the services you mentioned like the aeration and dethatching?

GroundWorks2009
03-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Thats just one page of the 8 page welcome letter. I do not have pages for aeration and dethathching.. I give a broad description of services and they know they can call me for a free estimate anytime, and I will always be happy to meet with people, as well as return their calls within an hour usually.

I dont really think i need to put all the services in great detail... I also have pages for hardscape, excavation, softscape, and snow removal.

The welcome kit front page is a brief paragraph thanking them for choosing Ground Works, followed by a paragraph about myself and the history and outlook of the company.

outerelements
03-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I just started building my welcoming kit. I am having problems on the first page, however. Everything else is done as far as describing all of my services,etc.

Steve,

Do you have a template somewhere on here on how to put a thank you/welcome to my company page?

Thanks,

Outer Elements Lawn & Landscape

Steve
03-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Thats just one page of the 8 page welcome letter.
I am sure there are a lot of other new lawn care business owners thinking about what they should include in the other 7 pages. Do you have any suggestions on what else they should include?

Do you have a template somewhere on here on how to put a thank you/welcome to my company page?

Off the top of my head, I can't remember for sure, did you check out the free customer letter section?

GroundWorks2009
03-07-2009, 12:17 PM
The front page should include a mission statement with a short bio about you and your company. Your logo as well

Steve
03-07-2009, 09:33 PM
What other kind of information do you suggest they include to bulk it up to 7 or 8 pages?