PDA

View Full Version : Fast growing Company from southern NH

GroundWorks2009
03-03-2009, 10:22 AM
I am 20 years old and have been running Ground Works, LLC for the past 2 years. I started out with a Ford f150 and walk behind when I was 16/17 years old. Currently I have the most professional and ideal lawn mowing setup in town a 2008 250 super duty with red pin stripes matching the black and red toro z master mowers. 60" 2007 model with turf striper.
I also have new sthill backpack blowers, 4 shindawa wackers, 60" jrco dethatcher, edger, and lots of other misc. tools. I did almost 70,000 in total sales last season and invested over 30,000 back into the business. This season I plan on financing a new f350 Dump to match the 250, and a vplow for the 250.

groundworksllc@yahoo.com

Steve
03-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Christian,

You are really on top of things. How have you been able to pull all this great stuff off! Your lawns look top notch, your marketing looks very professional and there seems to be nothing stopping you!

What advice do you have for new lawn care business owners just getting started?

GroundWorks2009
03-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I still have alot to learn. thats why I came to this site. And it has given me some great ideas. but, I would tell people just getting started.. to definitely go door to door, and do not be discouraged if they arn't interested. if you go to 30 doors, you are guaranteed to get at least one customer. Most likely 2. And every customer results in another down the road.

Craigslist has given my business great results. In the spring and fall I get inquires several times a week from craigslist adds.

I think that a professional looking full color flyer or brochure will attract attention at local workout clubs.

Always have a sign near or on your truck when mowing. I see this guy driving around my town 2 years in a row now with a commercial mower on a blank trailer and truck. For all people know he could be doing someone a favor.

Advertise on site! As questions to neighbors of existing customers such as; have you ever had someone mow your lawn before? Are you interested in a free mow, and if your happy we can work out a deal. This works because your already on their good side for the free mow.

I sometimes pull over on the ride home from a day of mowing and talk to people I see outside quickly and hand them a flyer. Ive gotten a few houses this way

Steve
03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
As questions to neighbors of existing customers such as; have you ever had someone mow your lawn before? Are you interested in a free mow, and if your happy we can work out a deal. This works because your already on their good side for the free mow.

This is fascinating! Do you suggest asking neighbors if they want a free mow, if you see them or should you knock on their door or how would it be best to approach them with this offer?

Any suggestions on what kind of percentage a lawn care business owner should shoot for when offering this service as far as success goes? For instance if they offer this free mow to 10 neighbors, what % should they try and get to use the free mow and what % should they try and get to become regular customers?