PDA

View Full Version : Perfect lawn Mowing. by Ground Works.

GroundWorks2009
03-03-2009, 11:14 AM
We are a fast growing company from Londonderry, NH. I'm 20 years old and have been running groundworks for the past 2 years. I started with a walk behind and now have the most professional looking setup in town with all matching brand new equipment. We use toro 60" z master with striping kit.

I have offered a deal through facebook only allowing anyone to earn a free $50.00 check for referring anyone to a mowing contract.

I also offer this deal on spring flyers.

Steve
03-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Christian,

Welcome to our forum! Great lawn photo you posted there and great logo!

What do you think helps you be a fast moving lawn care company? What do you feel you do that most other start ups don't? Does it simply come down to a positive mental mind set or is it more than that?

GroundWorks2009
03-03-2009, 08:58 PM
A positive mind set is key. I literally go to bed at night thinking about the business. if your not completely into it, then perhaps it's the wrong business to be in. . I make all my own flyers logos etc. and do my own advertising. I am constantly researching new products and ideas to keep myself up to date on everything. I am not only in the business for the money, but also because I want to have a fleet of trucks on day and say , "those are all mine." I think living the business is most important. Most people starting up might not realize you have to put all your time and energy into the business, but its absolutely worth every minute if your seeing results.

another thing that comes to mind is to always have an eye to eye conversation and agreement with the customer before and after is possible to make sure they know how serious you are.

Steve
03-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I like your energy! Good job!

Just in another post a lawn care business owner was saying how he was getting tired of waiting around waiting for anyone to call.

What kind of advice do you have for a lawn care business owner who is at his wits end trying to figure out what to do to promote themselves. When they find themselves sitting at home waiting for a phone call to start working. What would you suggest they do?

GroundWorks2009
03-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I would suggest someone who cant get a call and is at wits end to pack up whatever hear they have, drive to every house in your town until you find someone who says yes. If you can't find work and your putting in the effort, your in the wrong business and maybe you should go mow for a local company. If you can wake up in the morning and get out there, your going to find work. People always need something done.

Steve
03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
What is your view on mentors? Do you have anyone that mentors you with your business and your operations or do you feel that is not necessary?

GroundWorks2009
03-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Mentors... ineteresting. Ive never though about it.. It's inside myself i guess. I guess in a way this forum can act as sortof a mentor.. You Steve seem to be pretty motivating for young companies. Thats why Im on this site.

Steve
03-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I have offered a deal through facebook only allowing anyone to earn a free $50.00 check for referring anyone to a mowing contract.

I think this is a very creative marketing idea.

Have you thought about or experimented with other marketing ideas that you haven't seen done by other lawn care businesses?

GroundWorks2009
03-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Marketing differently than other companies.. I'd say I do alot of the same stuff others do as far as marketing.. But I try to be unique and really get people excited for the results. I talk face to face with people and explain this I what I love doing, and I am going to be our area's top company someday. That seems to get them invloved and thinking that they are helping an individual as well as getting great deals and great quality.

I make a point about the fact that i will return phone calls within 1 hour on mon-fri 8-5 .. I am considering offering a new deal this year on my flyer..

"All calls returned within 1 hour or well mow your lawn free."
mon-fri, 8-5

good idea?

Steve
03-07-2009, 09:35 PM
"All calls returned within 1 hour or well mow your lawn free."
mon-fri, 8-5

I like that! That is the first time I had heard such a marketing concept! Good job! That would be neat to see how it plays out.

You should make a video of that with you on your mower pointing to the camera and saying that.

Have you thought about any community projects you could do to get media attention at all?

Citygreenlandscaping
03-11-2009, 02:50 AM
I like the Picture of the design in the grass. Im not there yet but I would love to be. How do you get the strips?

GroundWorks2009
03-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Stripes are made by mowing back and forth.. its pretty simple.. check out http://www.scag.com/lawnstriping.html

lawn-guy
03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
sounds like you have a good head on your sholders and very positive energy that will carry you a very long way. you should check out the gopher online school threads and give your opinions on what could be offered for future class's