PDA

View Full Version : New in TEXAS

BlakesLAWN
03-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi im new to the business, and really motivated to grow more this year. Right now I have minimal lawns, but a goal of mine for 2009 is to be at 20 in the growing season. Right now im doing residential only and plan on keeping it that way, but we will see where that heads in the future. Most of my lawns are the qtr. acre type, but I have one 4 acre "Ranchette" that i really enjoy turning out each week, pays well too. I look foreward to sharing things I will learn as I grow in my 2nd season.

Steve
03-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Blake,

Welcome to our forum!

What kind of marketing have you been doing to promote your lawn care business?

BlakesLAWN
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Well so far not a whole lot. I work 45-50 hrs/week doing granite countertops and mowing is just a second source of income. I mostly work by word of mouth. Sometimes people will just stop and ask me to start cutting their grass, I have buisness cards and thats about it. Not sure if Im ever going to go full time with this, but we will see what the future looks like. Right now I have 7 accounts all of which I enjoy cutting and make good money on. I would like to get up to 12-15 lawns as that would be as much as I could handle.

neukam
03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Hey Blake

What part of Texas are you in?

I personally am in the Austin/San Marcos area.

turfbuilder
03-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the forum. Good luck this season!
Turfbuilder:)

Steve
03-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Well so far not a whole lot. I work 45-50 hrs/week doing granite countertops

That is interesting! Do you make them or install them? Have you thought about doing that as a side business too?