PDA

View Full Version : New To The Buissness

braydenslawnandlandscape
02-28-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm new to the buisness side of the industry, I spent the last 8 years working for a school district in the sports fields department so I know my way around turfgrass. I recently lost my job due to the fact that some brain in the district has decided to go to plastic(synthetic turf) on all of the sports fields. no need for two of us anymore so I got let go. Instead of being a janitor I decided to risk it and start my own buissness(also got a part timer at a gas station). I'm focusing on mowing, fertilization, weed control, and irrigation maintenance. Since those are my specialties not much initial investment has been needed. Bought a SCAG freedom Z 52" already had a truck, trailer trimmer, blower and all that small stuff. Purchased insurance got my EIN. Alot of time in bidding jobs more than I thought. Alot of paper, printer ink, and stamps but I'm hopin it all pays off. I know people throughout the industry so have been doing alot of networking.I've been focusing on apartment complexes and buissnesses through febuary since now is the time for that. Planning on tryin to do a little residential once spring hits. I know in bad economic times homeowners are a little apprehensive to pay for much unnecessary items such as a pretty lawn. This site is great helped me on my contract helped me find a logo and the calculators are a great tool glad to be a member best site on the net. Any comments or suggestions I'd appreciate some feedback or advice. well thats my story sorry so long Thanks again
ERIC MARX Brayden's Lawn and Landscape

Douglas county Kansas [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Steve
02-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Eric,

Welcome to our forum! What a great story! Are you going to be leveraging your sports turf background in your marketing?

I bet no other lawn care business owner in town has that kind of background.

You could play this up! Have you thought about doing anything like this?