PDA

View Full Version : just starting spring 09

peter6668
02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey Steve

I am just starting out and all I have is a truck, push mower and trimmer. but I also put together a website and plan of driving traffic to it through facebook notification if you want to check it out
http://tensen-triming.webs.com

any feedback is great

Also i am just stating this spring so i want to attract clients so i was thinking of lauching endof march with a marketing campaing of flyers, and cupons where if they sign up for an annual package they get there snow removal 75%off for the rest of the season. i thought this idea would great to attract clients not only for the summer but winter as well. has anyone tried this yet and if so how did it work out for you

Steve
02-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi Pete,

Great website!

That marketing idea is really creative and interesting!

What do you have to do the snow removal with? A snow plow or a snow blower or just a shovel? How much snow do you get per year?

peter6668
02-26-2009, 11:38 PM
all i have is a shovel but as i was think of starting the end of march it would only be 1 maybe 2 snow falls. as for amount of snow quite a bit as i am in Northern Ontario, so my plan for my first year is to set aside a certain amount of my profit each month from lawn care to purchase a snow blower, for next winter. my biggest problem right now is deciding what areas i want to target, because i plan on doing door to door flyer delivery.

Steve
02-27-2009, 05:23 PM
my biggest problem right now is deciding what areas i want to target, because i plan on doing door to door flyer delivery.

What are you considering?

I was initially thinking the richest area with the shortest driveways!

MattLuciano
02-28-2009, 12:54 PM
How were you planning on using Facebook to drive business in your direction? That is a very clever idea.

peter6668
03-01-2009, 12:52 AM
How were you planning on using Facebook to drive business in your direction? That is a very clever idea.

a buddy of mine started a car washing and detailing business just by creating a group on facebook and then sent out invites to all his friends to join the group and had a link to his web page, specials he is offering, pictures of work that he has done. as well he is always puting something about his business in his status line. like the other day his status was Adam is offering a free basic wash to anyone who refers 2 friends to the Zoom Group. when he started the group it had about 20 members and a year later he is up to 400. I was talking to him the other day about it and he said of the 400 members about 280 of them have had him do work and most of them are repeats. just goes to show that in this technical age it is more important than ever to position your business where more people are going to see it. i like to think facebook is a the next big advertising medium you just have to learn to use it to your advatage.

Steve
03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
How do you figure you can build up a similar buzz on facebook with your lawn care business?

Could you show off the different properties you service?

Has your friend offered you any other advice on what you might want to experiment with?

peter6668
03-01-2009, 11:16 PM
How do you figure you can build up a similar buzz on facebook with your lawn care business?

Could you show off the different properties you service?

Has your friend offered you any other advice on what you might want to experiment with?

he said that it works alot like a pyramid, when he gets new members to his group he emails them a letter asking them to help grow his business by inviting there frieds to the group and if the sign up to the group and purchase $x amount they recieve a free hand wash and dry service

as for showing off the service I personally think it would work better for lawn care then car detailing because a clean car is a clean car but if you can show someone how great there home could look by adding curb appeal then it would make others wonder what there property could look like. i plan on bring a camera to every new client this year and taking before, during and after picture to post on my group as well as web sitre.

the best piece of advice i got from my friend was that if you ask for help people are willing to do what they can and if that means telling more people about your business they are going to do it because they already know you and like you.

Steve
03-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Maybe you could create some type of online group or club for the nicest lawn in your area and get other home owners to submit pictures? Or nicest landscape? Or something like that? Something where people would want to submit photos to show off how nice their property is.

Little's
03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Hey Steve

I am just starting out and all I have is a truck, push mower and trimmer. but I also put together a website and plan of driving traffic to it through facebook notification if you want to check it out
http://tensen-triming.webs.com

any feedback is great

Also i am just stating this spring so i want to attract clients so i was thinking of lauching endof march with a marketing campaing of flyers, and cupons where if they sign up for an annual package they get there snow removal 75%off for the rest of the season. i thought this idea would great to attract clients not only for the summer but winter as well. has anyone tried this yet and if so how did it work out for you

Hi Peter,
I like the website and it sounds like you have a good marketing plan to get you going this Spring. But I have one question. Is it "triming" or "trimming". Just curious. And in case you meant "trimming" I wanted to point out the typo before you had a bunch of flyers, cards, etc. printed out.

Good luck on the upcoming season and with the business!

peter6668
03-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi Peter,
I like the website and it sounds like you have a good marketing plan to get you going this Spring. But I have one question. Is it "triming" or "trimming". Just curious. And in case you meant "trimming" I wanted to point out the typo before you had a bunch of flyers, cards, etc. printed out.

Good luck on the upcoming season and with the business!

I purposely misspelled the name for later advertising purposes Example:Tensen Triming Trimming Everything Inluding Our Name

Little's
03-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I purposely misspelled the name for later advertising purposes Example:Tensen Triming Trimming Everything Inluding Our Name

Oh interesting idea!

peter6668
03-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Maybe you could create some type of online group or club for the nicest lawn in your area and get other home owners to submit pictures? Or nicest landscape? Or something like that? Something where people would want to submit photos to show off how nice their property is.

The original plan is to have a a wall of fame where i spotlight a different home each month as decided by group members so I'm not the one saying this house is the best each month. the way it works is i will pick 5 different homes each month and let everyone vote on it and once the winner is decided on my next visit i will present them with a certificate and a coupon for a free service probably a garden weeding or someting to that nature.

peter6668
03-02-2009, 11:34 PM

I just wanted to update you on how things are going with the facebook advertising. Just for the fun of it yesterday i put my status as Peter Says, a BIG announcement is coming!! and just from doing that i have had about 30 comments. So I figure that kind of feedback could spell good things when I actually launch my group and start my business. i also plan on updating it every second or third day whith something new to catch peoples attention.

Steve
03-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh great! I am looking forwards to hearing what kind of announcements you make and how your members respond!

Great job!