PDA

View Full Version : new to the biz

peter6668
02-24-2009, 01:50 PM
i'm new to the buz but not really when i was in public and high school i had a few clients but nothing major but now i really want to make a go it so i have a couple of questions
1. should i contact the other lawn care companies in town to let them know that i am new and inquire as to there prices as to not lowball them?

2. as i am just starting this spring has anyone ever tried a marketing approach that if they sign up for an annual contract they recieve there snow removal free for the remainder of the year and if so how did it work for you?

Steve
02-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi Pete,

Welcome to our forum!

i'm new to the buz but not really when i was in public and high school i had a few clients but nothing major but now i really want to make a go it so i have a couple of questions
1. should i contact the other lawn care companies in town to let them know that i am new and inquire as to there prices as to not lowball them?

2. as i am just starting this spring has anyone ever tried a marketing approach that if they sign up for an annual contract they recieve there snow removal free for the remainder of the year and if so how did it work for you?

I would use the compare my lawn care prices (http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/pages/average-price.php) chart here to get an idea of what to charge.

I never heard of anyone offering the snow removal marketing idea but hey if you can do it and it gets people to jump on your offer, why not!

Have you put together flyers yet to promote it?

peter6668
02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
i am still in the planning phase of the flyer but when i have it done i will post it.

peter6668
03-02-2009, 01:29 AM
i have got my flyer ready to go let me know what you think. i have also included the coupon i plan on attaching to them

Steve
03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I like the "Tired of Mowing your lawn" flyer. I am guessing you will hand this out door to door and write in a price at each how?

With the snow removal flyer. You are offering 75% off. Now is that with a lawn care maintenance agreement? Or how will that work?

peter6668
03-02-2009, 11:53 PM
I like the "Tired of Mowing your lawn" flyer. I am guessing you will hand this out door to door and write in a price at each how?

that is correct i think that if i give a basic estimate with my lowest price that will weed out the ones who want me to do it for peanuts.

With the snow removal flyer. You are offering 75% off. Now is that with a lawn care maintenance agreement? Or how will that work?

at first that's what i was thinking but i have decided that it would be better to offer the service for that price in order to build a rappor with the client and then let them know after some of this snow starts to melt what i could do for there lawn. Plus it is really hard right now to give an estimate on lawn care as there is still probably close to 4 feet of snow on top of it. plus it will get me out and working early and get my name out there as well and that is the most important part right now.

On another note i just got my first client today but they where wondering about pool cleaning as an added service has anyone done this and if so what do you charge for it? I told them that i wasn't planning on pool cleaning but let me do a little research and since they were my first client i may consider it.

Steve
03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
On another note i just got my first client today but they where wondering about pool cleaning as an added service has anyone done this and if so what do you charge for it? I told them that i wasn't planning on pool cleaning but let me do a little research and since they were my first client i may consider it.

We talk a little about this but not much on the forum.

I am guessing you need to have a pool opening price and then a weekly maintenance price. Is it possible you could talk to your local pool store supplier and see if they can offer you ideas on how to price this? I'd love to hear what you come up with.