PDA

View Full Version : Sub domain's

grounded
02-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Does anybody use sub-domains on there web site?

if so, are they affective for driving targeted material to the viewer?

I'm going to try various fliers with different sub-domains printed on them that will allow the viewer to download a distinct coupon to that domain.
Higher end homes higher prices and vice versa

Does anybody have any views on this idea?

Thanks!

Tom

Steve
02-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Well,

I am guessing for tracking purposes a subdomain would be just as good as a different email page?

Like to take advantage of this special offer, go to

tomslawncare/offer1.html

What do you think?

grounded
02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Steve,

The sub-domain would be set up like this:

www.area1.site.com
www.area2.site.com
etc.

Since the sub domains wont be linked from the main site, I want to put up a special PDF for each sub-domain(area) with different coupons. area 1 would be directed to www.area1.site.com and so on.

I guess if a person wanted to FTP the site, they could see the sub-domain files but I'm guessing not.

does this make sense?

Steve
02-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Sure. I think it is a great idea to help you track your marketing.

I think this is an advanced topic most lawn care business owner's don't consider.

Will you take a higher end area and then split it into two groups. Sending one a coupon for one price and then another group with a coupon for another price?

ritchiem
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
subdomains are a great way to organize information, track stats, and much more. You can setup different divisions, marketing campaigns, websites, etc...

And the cool thing about subdomains is that you don't need to register them.

grounded
02-24-2009, 05:24 AM
OK, so I'm on the right track when I thought of the idea - great!

One market of upper class homes will be directed to a special sub-domain with there very own content.

Area's too far to mow but are great for one time work like de-thatching, aerating or fertilizing would be routed to there own content, and so on.

Google analytic's will monitor the stats but it's all about the phone calls now - not how many hits my page gets. I know content is important but there are lots of "lookie lous" out there hitting the sites 2, 3 times trying to make up their mind or something.

Direct marketing this time of year is crucial to survival - especially in a failed economy.

Tom

Steve
02-24-2009, 03:59 PM
So you will be able to look at your analytics now before you do your marketing and see how many people visit your site and potentially how many call you from that site because you could have a different phone number on it as well to track.

Then after you do your marketing you would be able to see if you were able to improve the conversion rate. Those who visit your site who make a call and place an order.

EasyPro
02-24-2009, 10:36 PM
I think its a great idea. . .

Say i wanted to send post cards to Hunter's Ridge (and HOA) I could make a page just for them that would be huntersridge.easypropropertyservices.com

I could put that on all the marketing material that goes to them and it would have pictures and such just from that neighborhood

GREAT IDEA !!!

SprinklerRepair
03-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Sub domains are great. To improve your ranking you would still want to use your sub domain as a post title in your WordPress blog, and use that title as your first sentence, as well as longtail tagging.

My new site (30 days) , is not ranking very high in Google yet (3 million plus returns for the key word "Key West Landscaping"). Still, it's only been one month. It's on page 3, as in no where, but my videos are 6, 7 and 9.

For "landscaping Key West" I'm #1 on Google and MSN (30 days)

My videos for "key West lawn care" own half the page (30 days)

I'm positively evangelical that my SEO approach works.

If you don't, your competition will.