PDA

View Full Version : A new week full of possibilities.

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-23-2009, 08:24 AM
2009 will be a challenging year for LCOs. With challenge comes amazing opportunity.

Watching the sun creep over the horizon this morning made me realize the power of a new week (and a new season) ahead.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4bj-Zog5F1g&hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4bj-Zog5F1g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ritchiem
02-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Very cool Keith...I look outside and its a damn blizzard.

musician/lawnman
02-23-2009, 10:28 PM
I here ya, a good outlook always helps.
I am looking forward to this season. Should be good.

Got 2 more calls today (estimates for tommorow morning). I did 15 residentials today (running solo). Tommorrow I have those 2 estimates, about 9 lawns & a mulch job scheduled.

I spoke in another thread about possibly running a 2nd truck right out of the gate this season... I think I'm going to hold off a bit, run just the one truck (3 man crew) & as I add new clients weed out the less profitable stops & ones that are too far off route. Once I've cleaned out some cobb web customers, I'll add the 2nd rigg as needed be that mid season or next spring.
If I stay a 1 truck operation I aim to increase my gross figures by 20%. Much more than that & I'll NEED that 2nd rigg to do it. If I make the leap to the 2nd truck I need to stack on about 50%. A tall order but do-able considering last year was our 2nd season & I grew about 230% over the first season. I paid off one of my 2 machines in December so that also helps when the overhead drops a bit too!

I figure the 2nd rig will run me about $10,000 to add + the additional insurance. About $7,000 on another new machine, & I figure $3,000 on a used 1/2 ton reg cab (long bed) work truck for crew #2 to run (I am not spending much on a truck that they will beat the hell out of!).

ritchiem
02-23-2009, 10:33 PM
I would love to sit down and have a beer with you Chuck. I like your outlook and and they way you think. I lost a bit of my drive over this past winter...buried under snow bites.

musician/lawnman
02-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Hop a plane man! It's a nice 55 deg F right now, about 80 during the day & hell..... I'll by all the beer ya can drink.

Would be cool to sit in the same room & bs with other guys in the business. My wife is really supportive & involved in our business but she couldn't give a ratts *** about the figures, statistics, spreadsheets, expense trends etc. bores her to death & she doesn't follow alot of it.

Come to think of it..... Jamie (all aspects) was supposed to be coming down to Orlando sometime this month & we were going to be getting together for a day with the families at some point. I gotta give him a call.

Yeah Rich. Anytime man, Sunshine awaits brother!

justin_time
02-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Hop a plane man! It's a nice 55 deg F right now, about 80 during the day & hell..... I'll by all the beer ya can drink.

Would be cool to sit in the same room & bs with other guys in the business. My wife is really supportive & involved in our business but she couldn't give a ratts *** about the figures, statistics, spreadsheets, expense trends etc. bores her to death & she doesn't follow alot of it.

Come to think of it..... Jamie (all aspects) was supposed to be coming down to Orlando sometime this month & we were going to be getting together for a day with the families at some point. I gotta give him a call.

Yeah Rich. Anytime man, Sunshine awaits brother!

When i can get my free tickets from collecting too many points, i'm booking a ticket to go see you, i'm gonna make a quick stop and get Richard and were coming to see ya :D :cool: ;)

musician/lawnman
02-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Bring it on.