PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ontario, Canada

Canuckbass
02-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Hi all,
I am from Ontario and this site looks perfect for what I need as I am newly starting out in the business of property maintenance of lawn cutting and snow removal. Just browsing the site has already answered quite a few questions that I had but I am sure in time I will be asking a few rookie questions.
The name comes from myself being a canadian and a diehard bass fisherman.

Thanks,

Canuckbass

ritchiem
02-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the forums Canuckbass...where in Ontario are you from? And what did you do before jumping into this business?

Canuckbass
02-23-2009, 09:03 AM
I am from Muskoka area, about two hours direct north of Toronto. In an area where most of my clients will be cottage owners with larger upscale properties.
Before this I have had a few different jobs, my backgroud is from warehousing and was a manager of a large corporate warehouse for a huge Canadian corporation for 17 years. Left there and moved north to enjoy the water and cottage environment.

Canuckbass
02-23-2009, 09:08 AM
I just noticed that you are from Meaford, I spent alot of time in Collingwood about ten years ago skiing. Great to see someone close by.

justin_time
02-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey Canuckbass, your located not far from me. I am in the French River area just about 1 1/2 hr north of you or give or take

Steve
02-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi Canuckbass,

Welcome to our forum!

I'd love to see some pictures from your area!

Canuckbass
02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Here's a taste of Muskoka, this one is a huge place, just look at the size of the boathouse alone. The cottage is 11,000 sq ft. I was ice fishing last week and snapped a pic...

Steve
02-24-2009, 03:56 PM
OH My! Great Picture! I was looking at the boat house for a moment and thinking that was the house LOL then I looked up on the hill! I wonder what kind of business that owner has!

Canuckbass
02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
That is the owner of Mattamy Homes which is one of the biggest if not the biggest homebuilder in Ontario. The sad part about is he just sold the most expensive property in Ontario, maybe Canada which was his house in Oakville..... It sold for ............... no mistake, this is real..... $45,000,000..... Yes 45 million.... right on the waterfront of Lake Ontario.