PDA

View Full Version : Consumers downsizing

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
02-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Anybody lost a big account or two due to efforts of the customer to save money/cut expenses?

I just lost a five figure account. Ouch! They elected to perform the yard work themselves with maintenance people already working there.

EasyPro
02-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Anybody lost a big account or two due to efforts of the customer to save money/cut expenses?

I just lost a five figure account. Ouch! They elected to perform the yard work themselves with maintenance people already working there.

We are actually picking up accounts. Just closed the deal on a $225/week account for a factory, we raised the price on a municipal acount we have and I expect to land a HOA this coming week. Smaller companies are cutting cost and we are expanding our marketing to make up for the decline in money. Less guys advertising is a good thing.

ABC baby - Always Be Closing

jsthomas06
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
We are actually picking up accounts. Just closed the deal on a $225/week account for a factory, we raised the price on a municipal acount we have and I expect to land a HOA this coming week. Smaller companies are cutting cost and we are expanding our marketing to make up for the decline in money. Less guys advertising is a good thing.

ABC baby - Always Be Closing

How big is the area you are taking care of at that factory? what types of services are you going to be doing each week?

EasyPro
02-23-2009, 09:38 AM
its two acres. It is a new factory so i will be doing landscaping services early this spring and then mowing trimming and edging weekly

jsthomas06
02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
its two acres. It is a new factory so i will be doing landscaping services early this spring and then mowing trimming and edging weekly

Nice... I was just curious because Iam putting in a proposal for a new hospital in town. It is about 2 acres aswell, but there is a lot of native grass, just a small part that is irrigated that will need it weekly. But I will be putting down alot of mulch and planting some other flowers and shrubs. I was thinking 300 a month just have to see i guess.