PDA

View Full Version : Hey all..new to the forum. Im Greenthumb.

Mr Greenthumb
02-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Hey all..Just opening new Property maintenance business. Open to any advise you successful business owners/operators may have.

Much appreciated

Mr Greenthumb

englishtree
02-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Hope everything works out

Steve
02-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi Mr Greenthumb,

Welcome to our forum! What got you interested in starting your own property maintenance business? What kinds of things have you been doing so far to promote it?

Mr Greenthumb
02-22-2009, 07:23 PM

I'm a certified horticulturalist, with 8 years experience maintaining golf courses. I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur, and with the education, and experience I have received, I feel a property maintenance business would be a rewarding venture.

As far as promoting The company. I have 500 initial fliers being printed to target spring cleanup clients, as well as to promote summer maintenance contracts. I am planning to hand deliver these fliers to select residential areas.

Steve
02-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm a certified horticulturalist, with 8 years experience maintaining golf courses.

Oh now this is very unique! Are you promoting this in your marketing material?

Mr Greenthumb
02-22-2009, 11:38 PM
I would like to promote myself the best way possible. Any advise on how to use my background in advertising?

appreciated,

Greenthumb

Steve
02-23-2009, 01:55 PM
I was thinking maybe like a short resume or something like that with a picture of you and maybe a golf course image behind you, photo shopped in some how.

Maybe on your flyer or marketing material you could say don't just hire a landscaper, hire a "certified horticulturalist."

Then go on to tell the reader what that is and how they benefit from hiring someone who is a certified horticulturalist.

You could even have a slogan like
"Mr Greenthumb - Not just a landscaper, but a certified horticulturalist."

Tell me your thoughts on something like that.

Mr Greenthumb
02-28-2009, 09:03 PM
There is a home show taking place this weekend. I thought it would be a great time to get some flyers out. Was going well, about 100 flyers, most posted on car windshields and some given directly to potential clients. Ended up having to leave as I was being approached by several parking attendants.

maybe next year I will be able to secure a license to attend the home show as an exhibitor.

Steve
02-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey you tried right! You could also go into the show and wear a bright colored tshirt that say "Ask me about Lawn Care." and then hand out business cards while you are there.

What did you promote on your flyers?

Mr Greenthumb
03-01-2009, 10:29 AM
I was wearing the company uniform. Green Jacket with company logo as was the employee helping me.

The flyers were promoting spring cleans as well as seasonal maintenance packages.

I plan on tracting customers in select neighborhoods, door to door this next week. No big hurry as there is still a fair amount of snow on the ground.

Steve
03-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Great! Keep us posted on how everything goes!