PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care and Landscaping Classes

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-20-2009, 06:55 PM
EasyPro had a question in a different thread about lawn care/landscaping classes. I want to share with him, and everyone else, something I am doing this year.

There are classes available to almost everyone within the United States through your local Agricultural Extension office. These classes allow you to become a Master Gardener within your own state. You will learn a great deal about soil and turf.

My classes have already delved into Soil Sciences, Integrated Pest Management & Application, and Botany. Turf Sciences, Disease Management, Tree Care, and much more are still in store for the rest of the semester.

Though I already have a solid base, the classes are furthering my knowledge and credentials within the industry. When I am finished with my courses and volunteer work, I will be a recognized Master Gardener with the state of Tennessee.

If you have the time and tenacity, I highly recommend beginning your course work at the local level.

Let me know if you have any questions:

Steve
02-20-2009, 07:08 PM
When I am finished with my courses and volunteer work, I will be a recognized Master Gardener with the state of Tennessee.

I think that is fantastic, can you tell me what that means? Also for a lawn care business owner, how can that help them?