PDA

View Full Version : How you guys doing?

OKSooner
02-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I just joined up here; found the place while checking out Gopher software.

Looks like a pretty cool forum with lots of good information. I'm a solo operator working in Northeastern OK. This is my fourth year in business.

I do mostly lawn maintenance and irrigation repair. I've done some small landscaping jobs and am trying to get into lighting also. I just started subbing out my spraying, so hopefully I can market that as a value added service for my clients.

What I'm doing (right now) to promote my business is getting all of my business affairs in order. I've set up an LLC, and am getting everything set up with a Federal EIN and all the stuff I need here in my State to do withholding and other tax stuff.

I'm also trying to figure out which software packages will help me with my billing, and with my payroll as I start to hire one or two guys to help me!

I've had some of my residential clients move and I'm down to 17. I'm looking to increase that to at least 40 this year, and I'd like to do this by May 1st. (How do door-hangers work for most of you guys?)

I'm hoping some of the info I pick up here, and some gopher software, will help me to have a breakout season this year!

Steve
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Door Hangers are great because they are relatively cheap and give you an opportunity to go out and meet potential customers in your area!

I just started subbing out my spraying, so hopefully I can market that as a value added service for my clients.

Do you have any advice as to how best to sub out work? How should a lawn care business owner deal with a subcontractor as far as paying them and how should they charge for services that use a sub-contractor?