PDA

View Full Version : after the wind storm

englishtree
02-19-2009, 06:25 PM
I was just wondering if anyone took advantage of the wind storms that blew through in mid february and started there year off strong. As for myself living near pittsburgh and mainly doing tree work it was a great motivation to get some work and make some money. Being bumbed out after getting laid off it helped me tremendously and I'm still not all finished. It's sad to see the destuction it leaves behind and the lives lost due to mother nature.

http://www.englishtreeandlawn.com

Steve
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
That is great you were able to jump on that opportunity! What were you doing to market your business for the tree and limb removal?

englishtree
02-19-2009, 08:48 PM
I have an ad in the local newspaper that runs yearly, I just made my website which needs some work still, most importantly word of mouth, being seen neighbors see you working then they want work done,

Steve
02-19-2009, 09:16 PM
That is great! You should put your web address in your signature area to help improve your search engine results.

Do you offer emergency 24 hr tree removal if a tree falls on a house or something like that? Do you suggest charging any differently if you get called on off hours?

englishtree
02-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Do you suggest charging any differently if you get called on off hours?
Yesterday 08:48 PM

Usually I know how long it takes me and I bid directly per job, I do provide 24/ hr service, whether it's 1p.m. or 1a.m. In a Emergency the price is more likely to rise due to a number of issues, safety #1, safety #2, safety #3.

How do I do the signature thing thanks, nate

Steve
02-20-2009, 02:30 PM
How do I do the signature thing thanks, nate

You should be able to see a link along the brown bar above called UserCP. That is your control panel. In there you should be able to edit your signature.

Usually I know how long it takes me and I bid directly per job, I do provide 24/ hr service, whether it's 1p.m. or 1a.m. In a Emergency the price is more likely to rise due to a number of issues, safety #1, safety #2, safety #3.

Can you give us some examples of different jobs you have had in the past and the safety factors that arose in them? What are the things you consider when you are considering the safety level?

englishtree
02-20-2009, 03:11 PM
The most important is the safety of the people (homeowners, workers etc...
) knowing the safest, most efficient, way to handle a situation. What equipment will you need, proper safety gear saddles,ropes,PPE ( personal protective equipment) wheather conditions, Indentifing the type of tree, and so on. There are never any situations that are the same I've takin trees off a house, cars,boats,etc...

example tree on a house: I had to know how much different sections weighed, to be able to determine how much I could lift at a time.