PDA

View Full Version : Just sayin Hi

Gold Star Lawns
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Hello everyone, new to the site. Planning on jump starting a lawn care biz. in the next few years. Been in the industry 6 years, and always learning something!

Steve
02-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Welcome to our forum!

When you say jump start your business, what would you like to do with your lawn care business?

Gold Star Lawns
02-20-2009, 10:56 AM
what would I like to do as in? Like services I offer?

I'm going to start out by offering the basic stuff. You know the easy avenues of money making. Residential/Commercial mowing, trimming, spring/fall clean-up. With time and money coming in I may take on other things as fert and hardscaping. We'll have to see with time though. My main objective is to mow alot of grass though, but do it with professionalism and quality.

Steve
02-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh very interesting! How do you plan on getting the word out about all you have to offer?

Gold Star Lawns
02-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh very interesting! How do you plan on getting the word out about all you have to offer?

Well since I am in a region where I don't know anyone. I will target upscale neighborhoods with some kind of door hanger possibly with all my info. Possibly leading to an estimate appt. or something to that nature. I wouldn't mind landing 2 commercial sized accounts when I start off. I am only going to take in as much as I can handle. When I say that I think alot of companys just GO GO GO ...and often short some customers of their actual prestine service they truely want to provide. I don't necessarily think its a bad thing to turn away work. Especially when you have people waiting and wanting your services. It makes your company look great from the labor to the front office.

Steve
02-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Well, good! I can't wait to hear some updates from you as you are out and about promoting your business.