PDA

View Full Version : New doorhanger idea

kc2006
04-13-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't have any work today scheduled so I was cleaning my yard, and thinking of advertising. I got a call today about having an ad put on these phone book covers, I'd be the only lawn care company on the cover, and I'd also get a 1/4 screen ad on 5 tv stations with a voice over saying the name services and number in a tv commercial, and that runs all the month of June, for $225. I figured heck why not.

But I was thinking about doorhangers, my goal is to get as many customers in the same neighborhoods to keep a tight route, and I feel this would be easier to do since they may see my truck already in the neighborhood and can already see my work. I remember seeing a doorhanger that was supplied by one of the paver companies to it's contractors that said something to the effect of "The Jones' just had a beautiful new landscape installed by us and we wanted to let you know we're in the neighborhood" something like that. I was thinking about taking that concept but gearing it towards mowing, "the Jones' use KDC lawn care for all their lawn maintenance, now they have more free time on the weekends" and have the quote box on the flyer also so they could see the price right there. I could pass these out in the neighborhood's I already have work in after I mow.

Sound good? Anything I should add? The little saying isn't exactly what I'll use, I still need to put more thought into it.

Steve
04-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Do you want to start using your image in your door hanger? You could say, "Hi I am Kurt, owner of KDC and I want to give you more free time on the weekends by maintaining your lawn."

I think it would be a potentially really good idea.

kc2006
04-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I like that idea! I could get a picture of me next to the mower in a striped lawn and have that in the center of the doorhanger, have the little saying at the top and in a business card size area on the bottom have the quote box and information to call/website address.

I think we may have found the ultimate doorhanger I said I needed.

Steve
04-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Kurt, get a bunch of pictures with you on or next to a mower and email them to me at support@gophersoftware.com. Get some maybe with you crouched down and touching the lawn and maybe even pointing at the camera. Maybe another giving a thumbs up sign. Smile in all of the too!

We can then come up with a few ideas that I think will really help push your company further.

I see big things happening.

kc2006
04-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Ok, I'll try to get them tomorrow!

Thanks

tiedeman
04-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Just a comment on the phone book covers: don't do it, it's basically a scam. Sure, they might hand out 100 or just 10 phone book covers, that is all.

This is an actually true story: I was contacted early in the summer one year about phone book covers, $120 for approx 500 phone book covers that got sent out to local businesses. I paid for it, and that was that. They sent me 10 phone book covers that I could hand out to my current customers. Well, about two weeks later I got another phone call from a different phone book cover place, and I told them that I already signed up for somebody and was using them. Well, the lady said to me, "Was it XXXX company?" And I was like, "yes, how did you know?" "Well, we are currently taking them to court because they are baiscally using our name for their advertising, they are not local, they are out of Tennessee, and they actually only make those 10 phone book covers, and they don't hand out anymore. So basically you paid $120 for 10 phone book covers," she said.

Steve
04-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Quote[/b] ]Just a comment on the phone book covers: don't do it, it's basically a scam.
Ouch! Good thing you pointed this out!

Kurt I am looking forwards to seeing what you come up with! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

kc2006
04-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, I got a third call today for the phone book covers, 170 dollars, I said it sounded good and went with it. I didn't get to talk to the first one like I said, but we finally found a phone number to contact them (my mother didn't get a number or name or anything). I'm going to call both tomorrow and cancel after reading Troy's story. I had a weird feeling about the places to begin with and that helped make that decision.

I didn't get pictures today though http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif it was pretty crappy out and then I had to mow the second half of the day. It's supposed to be nice out tomorrow, I'll have to wash the mower off then and relatives are in for the weekend so I have help for taking the pics. For sure will be taken tomorrow!

Steve
04-15-2006, 03:07 PM
I am looking forwards to them http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

kc2006
04-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Sent them a little bit ago, yes I am one handsome man http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
04-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Oh I got to check the email!

Steve
04-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Kurt I got them. Do you have them in a larger size? The larger the size the better or it won't come out looking too good on the door hanger.