PDA

View Full Version : Time for a bookeeper?!?????

Lukacs Property Maintenance
02-18-2009, 01:41 PM
I've been thinkin about gettin a bookeeper i don't what to look for in a good bookeeper. Will gettin a bookeeper give me piece of mind when the tax man comes? I think any tip or insight can and will help me and or everyone else on the forum.

Thanks everyone,

Mike

ritchiem
02-18-2009, 01:48 PM
I have a great accountant and I don't know what I would do without him. My wife runs the office and does our month ends, invoicing, GST (service tax) and gov submissions. But at the end of the year our accountant fixes anything that needs to be fixed and makes sure we get all returns that we should. It is peace of mind to know that it was done properly.

When shopping for an accountant make sure to get references and do some research. You want to make sure that they are willing to work for you and not just your money.

Steve
02-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi Mike,

Have you asked around to your friends and family if any of them use a bookkeeper? I bet someone knows someone that is local and could help you.

legendlawn
02-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Mid season last year my aunt started helping me with my books, and O MY GOD what a relief. The last thing I feel like doing at the end of a 12-14 hour day is work on my books. If you have a family member that has experience and is willing to help you, that may be the most cost effective way to go. I simply take care of my aunts lawn in return for her bookkeeping services. I also have a paid accountant to calculate my quarterly, and year end taxes. Also the acct. is a good backup if my aunt and I have a issue or question we can't figure out.

Lukacs Property Maintenance
02-19-2009, 02:31 PM
I've used an accountant through a large acounting company for my personal taxes before but that was not a business. Is there a difference between business acountants and personal finance acountants?

Mike