PDA

View Full Version : Truck magnets input desired!!

brad_vanderband
02-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Here is what somebody made up for me. Not particularly fond of any of them. I want to remain fairly simple yet flashy! These will be going on a metallic blue truck with chrome rocker panels for the time being, eventually going to a white or silver truck. Any input or help would be great. Thanks

Steve
02-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I like the top one the most because it is clear and BOLD! That sign would certainly stand out and it would look amazing on a large enclosed trailer! I can't wait to see some truck pictures when you get them made!

ritchiem
02-17-2009, 11:06 PM
I am sure you can come up with some better ones. Did you give your designer some good direction? I don't see how it will 'pop' on a blue truck...they would look better on a white. Need to incorporate some chrome lettering in there to use for blue.

brad_vanderband
02-17-2009, 11:11 PM
I told the designer specifically that it was going on a blue truck with chrome rockers, and possibly to a gray or white truck in a few years. I also gave her an example of something i had in mind. But none of these had to do with my reference and to me wont look good on a blue truck. Im looking at them as a starting point and looking for some ideas or insight on them.

ritchiem
02-17-2009, 11:12 PM
if you want I can shoot you some ideas in the morning.

brad_vanderband
02-17-2009, 11:24 PM
yea that would be great!!

ritchiem
02-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Some info that I would like to help with a creative approach;

- Full company name
- State / Prov
- Areas of service (towns, cities)
- Services you offer
- company color theme? any uniforms? or what you would like to use in the future

Thanks,

brad_vanderband
02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Some info that I would like to help with a creative approach;

- Full company name
- State / Prov
- Areas of service (towns, cities)
- Services you offer
- company color theme? any uniforms? or what you would like to use in the future

Thanks,

Custom Lawn Care & Snowplowing
Caledonia, Michigan
Southern Grand Rapids
Residential & Commercial Lawn Care & Snowplowing
a.mowing/edging/trimming/blowing
b.aeration
c.hedge trimming
d.spring/fall cleanup
c.mulching
e.overseeding
f.etc,etc lol
Dont have any current color scemes, as I said Im using a blue truck with chrome rockers for now as that is what i have. Eventually i would like my company trucks to be white or silver. All my trailers will be black. As far as appearal goes, Prolly black coats/sweatshirts. T shirts will prolly me a lighter color but not sure on what. I dont have any idea as far as logo colors. I hope this helps you. Thanks Brad

ritchiem
02-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Here is an idea that can work across all color schemes. I would still need to adjust some images and define the layout...but you get the idea.

Steve
02-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Oh those are both very nice! Great job!

brad_vanderband
02-19-2009, 08:02 PM
hey thanks for those, they look great. Here are a couple more examples i had made up. Now its choosing the right one!! Also the letter which is gray is really a chrome but her computer wont fill it chrome and that is my truck with the example on it.

Steve
02-19-2009, 09:30 PM
I wonder how it would look if the chrome lettering were outlined in black? Would that help it stand out more?

brad_vanderband
02-19-2009, 10:23 PM
you bring up a very good point steve,thankyou. I will bring it up tommorrow and see what we can do. Thanks again.

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
I have seen signs with chrome letters and they are allways hard to see!!! Just my few cents that I have!!