PDA

View Full Version : Hello

wdcutter
02-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Hello everyone, I'm sort of new here. I've been lurking for some time now and finally getting to post.
I work for Nestle Waters, but also run a solo lawn & property maintenance company located here in Maine.
I'm working to get my company going to the point of being out on my own completely and so far everything is going good.
Just wanted to say hello and look forward to getting to know everyone.

Steve
02-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing to market your business? What has given you good results and what hasn't?

wdcutter
02-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks Steve,
I've been marketing my company via word of mouth, business cards, local newspapers, on the internet like crazy at night.
Places like yellow pages, yahoo, craigslist, state related site/ directories and so-on. Also am working on a new site through 1&1 that I hope will help even more.
Note: I didn't get started until August, a little late,lol

The local paper = 1 cutsomer in 13 weeks, but it was a PM that wants to use me for landscape maintenance starting this spring.

Word of mouth is starting to get me more recognition.

Craigslist has been really good for me and have gotten odds jobs from local yellowpages.com as well.
So overall most of my work so far has come from the internet.

Steve
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
That is very interesting! Now when you are marketing yourself on the internet, do you promote your website or are you mainly promoting your services? Have you noticed a change at all in your search engine placement as you have been doing more online marketing?

wdcutter
02-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I mainly promote my services and if there's a spot to plug my site, I will. I haven't checked out any placement lately as I'm in the process of changing my site and have a new domain name, which hasn't gone live yet.
Once it goes live I'll put my web address on anything and everything related to my site.