PDA

View Full Version : pics from Landscaping Bear 2008

bear7485
02-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Here are some pics of our landscaping and snow removal equipment from 2008. Just bought a dump truck this winter, but before it wasn't in the budget so check out my 18' trailer. I put up plywood all around and made boxes on the sides for line trimmers and tools for easy access, but more importantly i could move 8-10 yards of mulch and around 4 yds of dirt. I painted the wood black and put up some logos and didn't look half bad. Only cost was treated plywood, bolts and paint which was less than 500.00.

Steve
02-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Those are great pictures! Out of all the equipment you have bought and used, which have you liked the most so far and which least?

bear7485
02-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Trucks- the best investment was the 97 f250 that i picked up for 5000 last yr with 80k miles because its paid for itself over and over again. I DONT recommend buying any used truck that has been used to salt because the salt really does a number on a truck and be ready to start replacing everything below...

Machines- So far all the machines i have i really like and havent given me much problems. You can get double the work done if you use the stander mowers compared to the walk behinds PLUS it doesnt even feel like work! The only problem is they are double the price but after everything is said and done its the way to go.. I also perfer stihl products, they are the best value overall, atleast thats what i think!

Steve
02-17-2009, 05:00 PM
What's your view on using standers vs ztrs?

paulazkez
02-19-2009, 12:35 AM
i've been in business for three years. i always have a problem with taking allot debre home with me. i would usually burn it, but the neighbors have been complaining. how to i add this to my price to take this to the landfill. what are your suggestions

bear7485
02-19-2009, 02:46 PM
We used to have the same problem, but we now have a dump site that like us so they give us deals. We originally bought a chipper, to shred everything down so that we got our moneys worth at the dump. For grass and leaves we made a large square garden so that we could roto-til it in and nobody can tell whats there.
Now i leave a lot of the debri at my customers houses and they now know its not really included in the regular maintenance, then once a month or every two months i will send something in the billing that says im going to be picking up debris for x amount of dollars and they will pay for it.

Steve
02-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Now i leave a lot of the debri at my customers houses and they now know its not really included in the regular maintenance, then once a month or every two months i will send something in the billing that says im going to be picking up debris for x amount of dollars and they will pay for it.

Do you just have an area you use on each property to store debris or how do you suggest doing this?

bear7485
02-19-2009, 06:56 PM
depends on what and where im working.. One lady has a pile that we add to in corner of her backyard. I have some smaller houses where if we pickup branches and sticks we will put them by the trees in the parkway or by the driveway. Its hard when customers are acustomed to you taking them away to change it but I just tell them that we only go to the dump once a month so let the yard waste service take them or wait til we go!