PDA

View Full Version : Mow and Blow vs Lawn Detailing

Steve
04-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Quote[/b] ]I actually did lawncare for 15 years and found the best way to advertise was by word of mouth. I made up business cards and passed those out to several local realtors. I also posted flyers in the local donut store and hardware store.

Lowe' s and Home Depot sometimes have a bulletin board near the entry or exit that you can post a small ad and some business cards on too.

Also, let other lawn care services know that you are available to fill in for them if needed. I had several other services call me to do jobs they couldn' t cover or didn' t want to do.

The biggest thing that helped me as a woman to grow my customer base was by letting people know that I did not "mow and blow". I did not just mow lawns, I "detailed yards" which allowed me to charge a higher fee as well.

I thought this was an interesting quote. It makes you wonder when you advertise. Should you promote mow and blow or lawn detailing?

tiedeman
04-14-2006, 05:11 PM
That is a good idea.

I thought many times of offering only a top of line mowing service. Basically, the lawn had to be bagged, and edged every time. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Steve
04-15-2006, 02:01 PM
What I wonder about this strategy is, can you start off with it? Or do you need to just take anyone who will be a customer and then as you go, you can begin to position your company as a lawn detailer and charge more?