PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

paul022112
02-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Hello,
I just became a new member of your forum.
I have had my lawn care buisness for 2 years now and am trying to make it grow like the grass, lol
I am from lewisville tx, just outside dallas.
looking forward to input from this form to help my buisness grow
working on my new website http://lewisvillelawncare.com
thanks to anybody who has input that will help me.
Paul

Steve
02-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to our forum!

What will you be doing to put together your website? Are you doing it yourself or did you hire someone?

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to market your business? What have you liked or disliked?

paul022112
02-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Thank You steve,
I think i had the most buisness com from pasing out fliers.
I am doing the web site my self.
and listing on online yellow pages, i dont think it has had enuff time to
tell if it is working yet.
do you have any sugestions on advertizing ?
Thanks Paul

maizenblue301
02-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Hello,
I just became a new member of your forum.
I have had my lawn care buisness for 2 years now and am trying to make it grow like the grass, lol
I am from lewisville tx, just outside dallas.
looking forward to input from this form to help my buisness grow
working on my new website http://lewisvillelawncare.com
thanks to anybody who has input that will help me.
Paul

I have been advertising on Craigslist, Google and Merchant Circle for the past few months(all free). I didn't think it was working very well until the last week. I have been averaging about 2-3 calls/emails a day asking for estimates on mowing, spring cleanup and bush/hedge/tree trimming. I highly recommend internet advertising. Make sure you use key words that include your primary service and your city. Good Luck

Steve
02-18-2009, 01:36 PM
I have been advertising on Craigslist, Google and Merchant Circle for the past few months(all free). I didn't think it was working very well until the last week. I have been averaging about 2-3 calls/emails a day asking for estimates on mowing, spring cleanup and bush/hedge/tree trimming. I highly recommend internet advertising. Make sure you use key words that include your primary service and your city.

Do you think this is a matter of timing? Right now more people are looking for service than before? Or what do you account all these return calls to?

ritchiem
02-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Thank You steve,
I think i had the most buisness com from pasing out fliers.
I am doing the web site my self.
and listing on online yellow pages, i dont think it has had enuff time to
tell if it is working yet.
do you have any sugestions on advertizing ?
Thanks Paul

Welcome to the forums Paul. If you need any help with your website just ask.

maizenblue301
02-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Do you think this is a matter of timing? Right now more people are looking for service than before? Or what do you account all these return calls to?

I'm just saying that when I first started advertising on those sites I got maybe one call/e-mail a week Now people are calling more frequently since it is closer to mowing season round here. I think that the websites I am advertising on are a good start for any new owner because they are free (keeps costs down) and most everybody uses google and craigslist.

Steve
02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
I have been advertising on Craigslist, Google and Merchant Circle for the past few months(all free).

When you say you have been advertising on Google, I bet a lot of newer business owners don't understand this. Do you mean in search engine results with a website or in another way?

maizenblue301
02-19-2009, 04:36 PM
you can advertise on google for free in the Google Maps Business Listings. Basically it shows your business name, address, phone number, website address, services and you can put coupons on it for customers to print and cut out. I live near a military installation so I offer a 10% to military and senior citizens coupon. You can go to google and click on Business Solutions http://www.google.com/services/ (<**- I think i did that right)