PDA

View Full Version : ready to start this season

lazyhusband
02-16-2009, 10:35 AM
its taking some doing and i am now ready to start my service this year.
i found a 33" troy built walk behind on craigslist. got a new gas trimmer and anew blower. i already have 3 contracts even before i have started advertising. just some minor things to get like gas cans and oils.

the mower i got for 500. not in bad shape at all runs very smooth doenst need anything but the blades sharpend.

as we speak i am working on advertising in local papers. and might be extending one of my contracts for its through my pizza shop i work with. they are considering lettting me do a couple other stores on top of the one i work at.

thank you guys for all your help. cant wait to get out there and make some lawns beautiful.

one question though.
i used a logo design from here do i need to get permission from the creater to use it? or are they all just a free for all?

Steve
02-16-2009, 11:29 AM
one question though.
i used a logo design from here do i need to get permission from the creater to use it? or are they all just a free for all?

They are there for you to use.

How did you land those three contracts already without advertising? That is great!

lazyhusband
02-16-2009, 12:46 PM
one is with the pizza shop i work for part time
one is a former client of my brother in laws. he did lawncare for her for three years but dropped all his private residents for business clientle as i also know her personally.
the last one is a good friend of mine that has health issues and he dropped his guy last year for not showing up for 5 weeks but still wanted to be payed. lol
i am sitting on a couple more but not for certain on them yet from friends at work and word of mouth.

also here is my logo took a while to get i right still have somework to do on it

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/neonfuzz614/MainLogo.jpg

lazyhusband
02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
yes fuzzy yard lol my nickname is fuzz so thought i would incorporate it in some how. i am going to file te name this week

Steve
02-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Great job!

This just goes to show the importance of word of mouth. You haven't registered your business name yet but you already lined up clients because of word of mouth.

We can all learn from you! Keep us posted on how all this goes.

SprinklerRepair
02-16-2009, 04:58 PM
When you decide to build your website (not if, when) remember that your URL does not have to be your business name. The searcher will learn your business name/phone number after they click your link.

If you live in XYZ city, buy the domain "XYZ City lawn care service.com"
If that is taken buy "XYZ lawn care service.net" If that's gone, reverse the words.

Something to remember. When your company is successful, or you want to move to verbal advertising, do not use dashes, as in "XYZ-Lawncareservice.com"

Why? What works on the web does not always translate to verbal. The dashes will be forgotten or awkward in other advertising mediums.

lazyhusband
02-17-2009, 09:03 AM
im excited. i just called about advertisisng in my local paper. going to get and add ran prob around mid march

Steve
02-17-2009, 12:19 PM
What section will you advertise in and what will you be advertising? I'd love to hear what you are thinking on this.

lazyhusband
02-18-2009, 05:23 AM
something in the way of reccesion pricing. i appeal to lower income familys for now and the older crowd. i live around a very pricey area where i could make more moolah but not set up for what they desire. also looking in to door hangers