PDA

View Full Version : need help please

tuscangardens
02-13-2009, 10:00 AM
whats up everyone?

does anyone have any good ideas of services i can do or promote now....the snowplowing is ending soon, maybe 2 more storms, then spring ....i need to generate some money now...

also, templates for any spring promo fliers would probably be a great help.

i am almost at the point where i am going to lose my business and have to work for the MAN!!!!!!
bills need to be paid..
i have almost 30 accounts, and everythings fine when theres snow to plow and grass to cut but this winters scarce.

thanks alot

Paul
Tuscan Gardens LLC
tuscangardensllc.com

Steve
02-13-2009, 10:48 AM
What kind of other services are you capable of offering? Can you do minor home improvement projects that people may need done?

Possibly check out the winter lawn clean up flyer?

http://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=225&d=1214392414

On the third or fourth post down here http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7200

Also have you been looking around and seeing what others might be advertising on flyers or in craigslist? That might give you ideas too.

tuscangardens
02-13-2009, 02:47 PM
yes we can do minor home improvement projects, and i even offered these services to my existing customers but no one was interested.

Steve
02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh I love your logo! Did you just recently make it? How did you make it?

yes we can do minor home improvement projects, and i even offered these services to my existing customers but no one was interested.

One of things that is great about offering additional services like this is that it opens the doors to new potential customers who might not have thought to contact you for lawn care.

Offering a few home repair services when times are slow gets your foot in the door to offer other services later.

What are you doing now to promote these additional services?

SprinklerRepair
02-13-2009, 03:19 PM
If you don't have a word press blog, get one.

Steve
02-14-2009, 03:25 PM
If you don't have a word press blog, get one.

How important is it to have a blog on your own site vs having one of those blogs that you can sign up for hosted on a blog site?

rclandscaping
03-15-2009, 09:43 PM
There is so much you can do right now while it is warm. We just got a call for a waterfall to be put in. And then someone wants us to clean up rocks and put in clean black dirt before it gets nicer so that the wife can plant flowers. My areas had a couple storms and there are alot of trees that need cut or trimmed and leaves need to be picked up. Just a few ideas that we promote.

Steve
03-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Hi rclandscaping,

How do you go about letting people know you offer all these services? How do you suggest a lawn care business owner get the word out?

picframer
03-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Here are a few suggestions based on looking at your website:

I see you do apartment clean outs, this brings two things to mind, a flyer offering organizing a homeowners garage, I know even mine gets to be a mess over the winter, install some shelving, tidy things up etc. I would also do up a letter to banks offering this service should they happen to have homes they own due to foreclosure, when I worked in banking in the very early 80's, I can't tell you haw many crews we hired to go in and do work/repairs/clean out and clean up due to foreclosure.

Gutter cleaning, that could be started now, I have had a few people ask however I have to pass as I have more renovation work on my plate than I know what to do with.

In can be tough getting through this season and people are hanging onto their $$$ however there are still a lot in need of things done.

tuscangardens
03-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Here are a few suggestions based on looking at your website:

I see you do apartment clean outs, this brings two things to mind, a flyer offering organizing a homeowners garage, I know even mine gets to be a mess over the winter, install some shelving, tidy things up etc. I would also do up a letter to banks offering this service should they happen to have homes they own due to foreclosure, when I worked in banking in the very early 80's, I can't tell you haw many crews we hired to go in and do work/repairs/clean out and clean up due to foreclosure.

Gutter cleaning, that could be started now, I have had a few people ask however I have to pass as I have more renovation work on my plate than I know what to do with.

In can be tough getting through this season and people are hanging onto their $$$ however there are still a lot in need of things done.

thank you very much, I will try those suggestions.

Paul

tuscangardens
03-16-2009, 08:16 AM
How important is it to have a blog on your own site vs having one of those blogs that you can sign up for hosted on a blog site?

ya i do have a wordpress blog ( http://tuscangardensllc.com/scranton-dunmore-landscaping ), but i have to figure out how to put it on my site.
im on google everywhere, but not any other search engines.

paul

rclandscaping
03-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I passed out about 200 flyers last week. It says what im willing to do right now being new. Specific stuff. THen I also put flyers up at grocery stores. That is where most of our business comes from. Passing out flyers right now is a great way for me. Alot of bigger companies around my area don't do that. I also have cute (sorry im a girl postcards I had made up practically free. I get to pass those out this week.!!

Steve
03-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Can you simply make a link from your site to your blog?

Something like this?

<a href="http://tuscangardensllc.com/scranton-dunmore-landscaping">Lawn Care Blog</a>