PDA

View Full Version : Servicing Dealer website design

SuperiorPower
02-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Ok, let me ask you all a question regarding the design of my website.

First, what do you, as a "potential customer" want to see in a dealer's website? Is there any particular thing you want to see or anything that turns you away?

What would you search for when searching the internet for a dealer (so I know what key words to use)?

Do you want to see services offered, and prices for said services? For example, I am thinking about adding info like this onto my site:

Service Info

Push Mower Tune-Up
(Non-Self Propelled)

Includes:

-Replace Spark Plug
-Replace Air Filter
-Replace Diaphragm (if needed)
-Clean Carburetor
-Change Oil
-Sharpen Blade
-Check Cables
-Check for, and suggest, other needed repairs to ensure your equipment is ready for the mowing season.
Cost: Parts + $15.00 labor

Optional Service: Clean and Treat underside of Cutting Deck With Mo-Deck: $15.00

Just for your information this adds up to a normal cost is about $30-$40 per mower. Locally most other shops charge $54.00 or more for the same service.

A second question to go along with that is this: am I in the same ball park price range for shops in your area?

I have for a while been kinda interested in watching the difference in prices around the country. For example, I currently charge a shop rate of $30 while others in the area charge $45 or more. The biggest difference is that as of this time I do not have near the over head expense (inventory, expensive facilities, etc.) that they do.

Let me know,
Eli

Steve
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
What would you search for when searching the internet for a dealer (so I know what key words to use)?

Hi Eli,

I would think I would look for a dealer that was local. So I think important key words would be things like mower, outdoor power equipment, product brands and my local town and county geographic area.

What do you think of that?

B7 Enterprise
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Where do you buy your parts?

Jacob
B7enterprise.com

Steve
02-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi Jacob,

I was on your site and it looked like some of the product pictures are from stens? Do you resell their products? How do you like working with them?

SuperiorPower
02-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Jacob,

I purchase some parts from Stens as well but primarily purchase parts from an Oregon distributor that is closer and provides next business day parts delivery (if the parts are in stock). I purchase from several other distributors as well.

Eli

SuperiorPower
02-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi Eli,

I would think I would look for a dealer that was local. So I think important key words would be things like mower, outdoor power equipment, product brands and my local town and county geographic area.

What do you think of that?

already done that, just looking for more ideas. guess I am a perfectionist...... lol..

thx,
Eli

Steve
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I think if your service prices are cheaper than others in the area, I would advertise that on the site.

I can't wait to see what you create.

SprinklerRepair
02-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Guessing at keywords is a waste of time. Google will tell you exactly which keywords are being typed in monthly. What more could you ask for than real time info?
Not all keywords are the same. There are buyer and information keywords.
How to know which are which?

Once again, it's all been done for you.

Steve
02-13-2009, 03:50 PM
There are buyer and information keywords.

What does that mean? I am guessing people looking to buy will use certain key words while those just looking for more information will look for other key words?

SprinklerRepair
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Exactly!

Lets say someone types in "Toro mowers." That would be someone looking for a manual on the Toro website, a review or something like that. They want info.

If they type in "Toro mowers Cleveland" they are probably looking to buy or "price shopping", which is the same as buying. If they are "price shopping" then it all comes down to "selling the click".

Did you watch the video? Did it make sense or am I "inside the bottle?"

B7 Enterprise
02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Jacob,

I was on your site and it looked like some of the product pictures are from stens? Do you resell their products? How do you like working with them?

Yep we sell alot from Stens, Rotary, a few others. sorry it took so long to get back on here. had to make a trip to Indiana
I still do repair work the website is a new venture. and I work full time for a company out of Indianapolis so I have a full plate.

B7 Enterprise
02-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Jacob,

I purchase some parts from Stens as well but primarily purchase parts from an Oregon distributor that is closer and provides next business day parts delivery (if the parts are in stock). I purchase from several other distributors as well.

Eli

Keep me in mind if you need anything. I need to offer like a dealer program for lawn companies.

www.b7enterprise.com

SuperiorPower
02-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Keep me in mind if you need anything. I need to offer like a dealer program for lawn companies.

www.b7enterprise.com

I am not sure I understand your comment but, I own a Power Equipment servicing business. If you want to clarify about the dealer program please send me a pm with the details.

Thanks, Eli

Steve
02-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Yea I don't think I understood that part either.