PDA

View Full Version : Hit a Big Wall this week

tiedeman
04-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Man, this week was not my best one, actually probably my worst one so far this season.

I only received 4 phone calls for estimates, all of them turned into a joke. Two of them were out in the middle of no where. One guy, I traveled approx 30 miles for, and he wanted me to treat a 60,000 property. Before he could finish showing me the property I ask him, "What is your budget?" "Because this already is going to run you approx $275 per application," I said. He about dropped dead. People like this is when I wish that I would charge for estimates.

I also contacted approx 40 past customers, never heard back from a single one. Really disappointed!

Not to mention that I have a cold, that really put a damper on things. This week stunk. I really wanted to push 6 sales this week, but I am getting nothing but a fat goose egg. If I don't at least get one closing sale tomorrow, I am going to be really mad.

kc2006
04-13-2006, 09:01 PM
I know it sucks when goals fall short but don't let that get you down, use it to drive you to do even more next week!

Steve
04-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Troy,

Good thoughts you posted.

Quote[/b] ]One guy, I traveled approx 30 miles for, and he wanted me to treat a 60,000 property. Before he could finish showing me the property I ask him, "What is your budget?" "Because this already is going to run you approx $275 per application," I said. He about dropped dead. People like this is when I wish that I would charge for estimates.
Something I thought of as I read this was, if a person is living outside your immediate service area you may want to find out what size property they have and what their potential budget is before you even go to look at it. If the caller gives you a too low figure, you will know right off the bat it's not going to work.
Do you think something like this would be possible to institute?

Quote[/b] ]I also contacted approx 40 past customers, never heard back from a single one.

Can you tell us more about what you did with them?

tiedeman
04-13-2006, 09:38 PM
I am actually just thinking about putting a tighter rein on where I estimate to. I know that I am trying to expand and grow, but I just wasted a 1/2 tank of gas today on just estimates. I am going back to the drawing back in regards to that of where to service.

The past customers were either customers that I fertilized before in the past, either a one time application or multiple application, also they were customers that I serviced before in the past that voice their concern with TruGreen and how they wanted to make a switch. Too bad a lot of them already pre-paid with TruGreen.

Another thing that I am going back to the drawing board for is perhaps offering packages. Such as an elite package for a better product, while a basic package for a lower rated product

Steve
04-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Quote[/b] ]I am actually just thinking about putting a tighter rein on where I estimate to.
I think this is a good idea. You should stick within the area you determine is your service area. If it gets too spread out, it won't be as profitable. Or not profitable at all.

I like your package ideas. How would they differ? How would you market them?

Also do you know if you can do anything to induce a potential customer to break out of their contract with another provider and get their money back and go with you? Is that possible?