PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Minnesota

ringahding
02-08-2009, 02:46 PM
My name is Bryan, I'm thirty-eight, residing in Stillwater, MN. Sober, father of five(all teenagers), and happily married for five years, been together since 1999.
I started my company while I was working for a lanscape supply company, since they treated us yard workers like slaves, I had enough. So in the summer of '02 I went all out. Its been profitable every year except the first.

Anyway my wife and I have season tix to the Minnesota Vikings. Love watching my 18 year old play b.ball He's a senior and captain of the team.

I have been recently, wracking my brain about the building of a website, due to the fact my wife just this week lost her job. So of course money will be a issue until the season gets going. Were not in dire straits, but yeah in fear of it. I also drive school bus in the winter along with plowing, not much can be said for snow since Jan. 12th. Great site!!! Awesome info and people!!

Steve
02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi Bryan,

Welcome to our forum! Did you see our collection of free lawn care web templates, in the templates section? They might help you out!

Do you have any business or marketing advice for the newer lawn care business owner?

ringahding
02-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi Bryan,

Welcome to our forum! Did you see our collection of free lawn care web templates, in the templates section? They might help you out!

Do you have any business or marketing advice for the newer lawn care business owner?

Hi Steve,
Thank you for the welcome and the site!! I did see the templates, sweet!!
Advice I am not good for, but sharing my experiences no problem.

Business experience side: Listen to your gut

Marketing experience side: As you read I was working for a landscape supplier. One night after work my kids', wife and I dropped flyers' everywhere, one kid was manning the printer and the rest of us spread out.
we did that for a week straight and nonetheless quit that job and haven't looked back ever since.

I'm now seriously considering a web site, but need help publishing..
I don't want to steal a website not knowing I did. I've read about that.

I hope this helps somebody. Don't quit**that's tooooo easy!!!!

Steve
02-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Have you registered a domain yet?

If you use the templates you can get up and going quickly and easily for cheap. If you want design assistance there are members on here that design sites.

Let me know which would work best for you.

bnclawncare
02-08-2009, 04:52 PM
I made my site myself through Yahoo. It is only $12.95 amonth and you can cancell anytime. One customer will pay for your site. Hope this helps.

B7 Enterprise
02-08-2009, 05:23 PM
At Bravenet.com you can make one for free. If you want a domain name it cost like $12 a year.

They have alot of nice features to go along with it also.

www.b7enterprise.com

Steve
02-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey Bryan,

Since you don't have any web presence yet, I am gonna see if a fellow forum member can help you with some internet promotions. He made an offering to do this for free (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=8288) - read the post - and I don't think anyone took him up on the offer yet.

I am going to write him for you to see if we can make this happen.