PDA

View Full Version : Truck Sign Done

CloseCuts
02-05-2009, 06:17 PM
What do you guys think of this sign?

Steve
02-05-2009, 06:24 PM
THAT IS AWESOME!

Tell us about it! What is it made of? How big is it and how did you attach it?

CloseCuts
02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Well the pic is a digital image of the drawing that I had done. Itís basically a 4'x4' piece of aluminum. Itís screwed in with about a dozen self tappers. As far as the rest I gave the guy I piece of paper with all the things I wanted on it and he took care of the rest. It only cost me $175

Steve
02-05-2009, 08:35 PM
That is so neat! How did they get the image on there? Is that vinyl? Or what?

Will you be putting these signs on your truck too?

CloseCuts
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
yes its vinyl with a uv coating. I would very much like to the same thing on my truck but I havn't come up with the design for it all yet.

justin_time
02-05-2009, 10:08 PM
I really think it's too busy, I read the whole thing but it was hard to read, you have too many words on there, maybe keep it more simple

Try to keep your font the same or something

VPS Lawn Care
02-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I like your thought behind the sign, but Justin is right, it is to busy. People driving down the road will be too distracted with the clutter i think to get the number down. It's hard enough to get a # while driving as it is. Just my thought, good luck.

Steve
02-05-2009, 11:09 PM
yes its vinyl with a uv coating. I would very much like to the same thing on my truck but I havn't come up with the design for it all yet.

Here is an idea. Maybe for the door, have your picture with the close cuts written in it, then have landscaping underneath with your phone number along the rear fender above the wheel well and then maybe your website on the front fender?

I love the graphic.

EasyPro
02-06-2009, 12:03 AM
I really think it's too busy, I read the whole thing but it was hard to read, you have too many words on there, maybe keep it more simple

Try to keep your font the same or something

I'm with you, the first thing i looked at was that picture and was thinking wtf? :eek: then seen a big number and then i stop looking at it . . .

These ads need to be bold big and short

Close Cuts Lawn Care
-phone number-

CloseCuts
02-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks Steve. Do you think grass around the bottom of the truck for part of the decals looks ok?

Steve
02-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Thanks Steve. Do you think grass around the bottom of the truck for part of the decals looks ok?

Oh yea! Totally!

I bet no one else in your area has such a great logo design!

I am looking forwards to seeing some of the truck designs you come up with.

CloseCuts
02-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Also do you think I should keep the truck more simple like your idea since I already have the sign on the trailer with some of my services?

Steve
02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Also do you think I should keep the truck more simple like your idea since I already have the sign on the trailer with some of my services?

Yes. I would keep it simple. That will help the information really pop out. Also consider doing something with your truck's front windshield at the top and the back of the window.

I am looking forwards to seeing what you create!

CloseCuts
02-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey guy's want to thank you all for your input. Some of it was positive and some negative. I know that some of you said it was to busy and I can see what you mean but you also have to understand that it is a sign on the back of the trailer. The people who are going to see the sign are going to be directly behind me. Anyone far away or to the sides won't see it and thats fine with me. Thats why i'm getting ready to get some stuff done on my truck to and I plan on keeping that simple. I will keep you all posted on when I do. Thanks for all the info.

Steve
02-07-2009, 09:47 AM
I can't wait! :)

brianslawn
02-21-2009, 02:33 AM
that reminds me. i need a haircut:D