PDA

View Full Version : Check out the newest in "GEO-TARGETING" lawn customers

Green_Day
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Hello all,
I was having a time getting my company exposure in my local area without spending my entire budget on Google PPC and Adwords. Then a friend told me about LocalAdLink and how their advertising targets by zip codes with IP addresses. I didn't really understand it so I investigated it more. Basically for my area of service, which is about 3 or 4 zip codes, I could get my company's ad directory listed for about 70 bucks a month with no contract. And what is so cool is that they send my ad lsiting around on their 3rd party websites, like landscaping.com, marthastewart.com,Davesgarden.com and some other related type websites. Then while all of LocalAdLinks advertisers are linked to one website, I am looking popular to the search engines becasue they are all linked to one website, LocalAdLink's. They had over 14 million hits last month alone. Now my website search rankings are on the front page and I am reaching my "qualified customers". Needless to say I was impressed and started working with them on the side as the winter months are brutal in this industry. If you would like more info, please go to http://localadlink.com and click on "about us" to learn more. And feel free to call me at 404-775-5876, as LocalAdLink is in every city and town in the US.

justin_time
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
My local French River Visitor Centre made themselves a website, i thin it has to do with my local township. Anyways, I didn't know I was being a part of this.

Here's what my page looks like.

http://visitfrenchriver.com/Viewlisting.cfm?ListingID=139

Steve
02-05-2009, 05:03 AM
Hi Green_Day,

Does your lawn care business have a website?

Anyways, I didn't know I was being a part of this.

They just put your business up on the site?

Green_Day
02-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi Green_Day,

Does your lawn care business have a website?

They just put your business up on the site?

NO, but that is the best thing about it. I can get the exposure without a website. My directory is like a mini website with all my info that is needed for my customer. :cool:

Steve
02-05-2009, 06:26 AM
I think this is good thinking on your part to utilize the internet like this to market your business.

Will you be putting together a website in the future or what is your view on the importance of a website for a lawn care business?

Having proof your customers are seeing your ad and using your coupons if applicable?

Also what kind of coupon promotions do you suggest using with this kind of marketing?

Green_Day
02-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Yes, coupons or any type of service offer can be used as a coupon. Now, you don't want to give away the farm, but using the coupon section on http://www.LocalAdLink.com allows you to track where your customers are seeing your ads with this service. That way you are able to see if this area is benefiting with your zip code selection. And when customers see that they can get something, they are instantly more curious and will inquire with you.

Now, here is the butter on the toast. Because landscaping companies that use our services, are considered linked in with us as one listing or website. So like last month we had over 15 MILLION hits, their website now seems very popular to the search engines and places them high on their (GOOGLE) rankings and pages. A WIN WIN for very little advertising expense.

If one ad brings in one new customer, your ROI is 100% get two and you are on your way..Any questions getting your websites on our directory, pleae call me at 404-775-5876:D

Steve
02-05-2009, 03:20 PM
I am really fascinated by this.

Have you seen other lawn care companies use this with coupons? What kinds of offers have you seen and which have you liked a lot?

Green_Day
02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
My local French River Visitor Centre made themselves a website, i thin it has to do with my local township. Anyways, I didn't know I was being a part of this.

Here's what my page looks like.

http://visitfrenchriver.com/Viewlisting.cfm?ListingID=139

But Justin, we assist in "Optimizing" your website thru LocalAdLink'2 15 million plus hits a month. In a nutshell, your website is getting 15 million hits a day. You are also being seen on your local customers website they view like landscaping.com and marthastewart.com and Davesgarden.com. All targeting your zip code you're targeting.

justin_time
02-05-2009, 04:59 PM
But Justin, we assist in "Optimizing" your website thru LocalAdLink'2 15 million plus hits a month. In a nutshell, your website is getting 15 million hits a day. You are also being seen on your local customers website they view like landscaping.com and marthastewart.com and Davesgarden.com. All targeting your zip code you're targeting.

Yeah I understand that but does it do Canada ? I've tried the site a bit last night and it didn't seem to recognized where I lived

Green_Day
02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah I understand that but does it do Canada ? I've tried the site a bit last night and it didn't seem to recognized where I lived

I just talked to my corporate contact and he said that he believes that Canada is going to be a part of this incredible internet advertising platform in about 3 weeks. I will keep you posted!:)

Steve
02-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Have you seen other lawn care companies use this with coupons? What kinds of offers have you seen and which have you liked a lot?

Green_Day
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.localadlink.com/coupon/printable/?coupon_id=2192

This is an example and it says good thru Feb in order to encourage the customer to pick up the phone

Steve
02-05-2009, 07:32 PM
I did a screen capture of it.

but using the coupon section on http://www.LocalAdLink.com allows you to track where your customers are seeing your ads with this service.

Can you tell us a little about how a user is able to track the coupon usage?

Green_Day
02-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I did a screen capture of it.

Can you tell us a little about how a user is able to track the coupon usage?
I could do a screen shot but this is a copy of what each advertiser has in their back office. They can view what sites have scene their ad and clicked onto it. When a coupon is printed, you are able to detail which zip code it came from. This ad was created 2 weeks ago and has already been seen on some MAJOR sites!
Coupons
Listing Views

* Overview
* Unique
* Total
* Local
* National
This area has graphs but could not copy
[ 7 Days ] [ 1 Month ] [ 6 Months ] [ 1 Year ]

Listing Impressions

* Overview
* Unique
* Total
* Local
* National

:eek::eek:

* Top Referers

Top Referers

* localadlink.com
* localadlink.net
* google.com
* doubleclick.net
* cnn.com
* ask.com
* myspace.com
* aol.com
* answers.com
* https://www.localadlink.com/
* pch.com
* become.com
* dogpile.com
* wepons.com
* myoptinpage2.com
* citysquares.com
* revenuedirect.com
* allexperts.com
* webster-dictionary.net

justin_time
02-05-2009, 09:11 PM
I just talked to my corporate contact and he said that he believes that Canada is going to be a part of this incredible internet advertising platform in about 3 weeks. I will keep you posted!:)

Sweet, i can't wait

Green_Day
02-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Sweet, i can't wait

You will be the first in CANADA my friend:D

justin_time
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
You will be the first in CANADA my friend:D

Right on !!! :D :D

Green_Day
02-06-2009, 06:37 AM

I want to find some in your local area. :cool:

Steve
02-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Show me what you got for 07962 :)

LocalAdLink (BOMJ)
What does the BOMJ mean in your sig?

Green_Day
02-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Great Question. LocalAdLink is a subsidiary of I-Supply and BoomJ.com. The company was trading under BOMJ but changed the name to Beyond Commerce but kept the NYSE ticker symbol as it would just make things easier. BoomJ.com is the #1 Social Networking site for Baby Boomers and Generation Jones. All of our advertisers are filtered all day on that site. You will see if you go to boomj.com that there is a "BoomJStore". Every advertiser will have the ability to add a link for an I-Supply store on their website. They will never have to ship, inventory or take payments as the company does all the work. But the nice thing is each month the advertiser will get 3% of the gross profits without doing anything. Nice huh?

I am checking on your zip now.

Green_Day
02-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Show me what you got for 07962 :)

What does the BOMJ mean in your sig?
Here are a few. Now Our company went public in Nov. So we are young but moving quickly. Dec ad sales revenue was just over 1 million and Jan was 2.3 million. That's amazing for a company in business for about 3 months. Here are some in Morristown but not yet familiar with our services, obviously as they are not paying advertisers,....YET...lol

Landsmith Llc
(973) 285-0676

More Information: Pictures | Details | Directions

Morristown
NJ 7960
Fernandez Landscape Masonry
(973) 267-1833

More Information: Pictures | Details | Directions

Morristown
NJ 7960
Landworks Landscape Contracting
(973) 683-9040

Steve
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
What is this list of?

Green_Day
02-06-2009, 04:30 PM
these are landscaping companies in your area of Morristown, right that was your zip code. No one has started advertising yet. it is Hot in Atlanta, the advertising that is.

Steve
02-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh ok. So these are potential future advertisers with you. Ok I understand.

How come you don't have any unique url with your links? How do you track which sales came from your promotion?

Green_Day
02-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh ok. So these are potential future advertisers with you. Ok I understand.

How come you don't have any unique url with your links? How do you track which sales came from your promotion?

The URL is LocalAdLink's but they have a link on the directory. Have you gone onto the site and played around? It will make more sense. The reason they are linked to LocalAdLink is that we have proprietary rights to almost 1 million sites. So when our directory gets hit from local consumers all over the US all day and all month, each website that is listed in on LocalAdLink's directory is in essence are getting the hits. This is how search engines like Google recognize that a website is popular. So last month we had over 15 million hits, so everyone listed has had 15 million hits..

justin_time
02-06-2009, 08:20 PM
So anything for Canada yet ?

Green_Day
02-06-2009, 08:32 PM
So anything for Canada yet ?

Nothing yet my friend from the North

justin_time
02-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Nothing yet my friend from the North

It's all good we still have lots of snow so I'm good for a little while

Green_Day
02-06-2009, 09:09 PM
It's all good we still have lots of snow so I'm good for a little while

It was 60 degrees in Atlanta GA today and going to be warming up all weekend. It is supposed to be 68 on Tuesday. Bet I will be playing some golf!:D

justin_time
02-06-2009, 09:17 PM
It was 60 degrees in Atlanta GA today and going to be warming up all weekend. It is supposed to be 68 on Tuesday. Bet I will be playing some golf!:D

Suppose to be about 46 here tomorrow

I wish i was golfing now :(

jimlewis
02-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Hello all,
I was having a time getting my company exposure in my local area without spending my entire budget on Google PPC and Adwords. Then a friend told me about LocalAdLink and how their advertising targets by zip codes with IP addresses. I didn't really understand it so I investigated it more. Basically for my area of service, which is about 3 or 4 zip codes, I could get my company's ad directory listed for about 70 bucks a month with no contract. And what is so cool is that they send my ad lsiting around on their 3rd party websites, like landscaping.com, marthastewart.com,Davesgarden.com and some other related type websites. Then while all of LocalAdLinks advertisers are linked to one website, I am looking popular to the search engines becasue they are all linked to one website, LocalAdLink's. They had over 14 million hits last month alone. Now my website search rankings are on the front page and I am reaching my "qualified customers". Needless to say I was impressed and started working with them on the side as the winter months are brutal in this industry. If you would like more info, please go to http://localadlink.com and click on "about us" to learn more. And feel free to call me at 404-775-5876, as LocalAdLink is in every city and town in the US.

You can do the exact same thing yourself on your own with your Google Adwords account. You simply create an ad (takes a few minutes), set your bid price, activate geo-targeting inside your Google Adwords account settings, and then you can even go in and tell Google exactly which websites you for-sure want them to go after.

No need to pay someone like Local Adlink to do this for you. You can do it yourself easy and save the $70 per month. I spend way less than that each month to have our ads pop up on website via Google Geo targeting ads.

But I'll warn you, geotargeting ads don't produce a lot of calls. What really produces a lot of calls is being on top of Google in the organic listings. Type in "landscaping Portland Oregon" into Google and see who's site comes up on top in the regular (organic) results. That's what produces calls.

Steve
02-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Jim, you know what is interesting. I have seen your ads appear here on the forum once in a while. How is that explained? Why does google do that? Any thoughts on that?

jimlewis
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Jim, you know what is interesting. I have seen your ads appear here on the forum once in a while. How is that explained? Why does google do that? Any thoughts on that?

I don't have geo-targeting set on all my ads. But I don't like those kind of ads much anyway. So I give them such a small bid that I don't care so much if they occasionally appear outside the area I am targeting. I could spend the time to make every ad I have specifically geo-targeted, if I wanted. But the thing is sometimes my clients are away in California or have two homes or are just moving into our area. So most of my stuff is geared more toward specific key words more than it is geo targeted. And I pay so little for those little ads anyway, I don't really care.

My PPC main ads in Google and Yahoo, those I pay some serious dough for. The bid price on those is pretty high. But the bid price for these little text ads is ike 40 cents and they rarely get clicked on. I spend less than $20 a month on those. So I've never felt the need to really get them totally dialed in like I would like them. It's just additional advertising.

My main advertising is getting my site to the top of the Google organic listings. My fall-back is PPC advertising with Google and Yahoo. And then I have several other fall-backs to catch people too.

Green_Day
02-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Jim,

Keep paying PPC. Don't you know why your PPC is so expensive? They pay people to go on those sponsored links and click on them all day. It is well known in the industry that that is done. Sorry to inform you that those were not all customers. So don't pay for LocalAdLink, but you will never find yourself in a sponsored link like this company in Sacremento, judge for yourself the benefits. Try to Google it yourself. There will be many more like this and you will soon see your competition using us. Best wishes
Sign in
Google

Advanced Search
Preferences
Web Maps

Results 1 - 10 of about 64,400 for loan modification Sacramento CA. (0.25 seconds)

Sponsored Links

United Mortgage Solutions
www.LocalAdLink.com Mortgage Modification Avaialble In Your Local Area
Loan Modification Lawyers
www.MortgageHelpLaw.com Mortgage Relief Legal Center, APLC 888-MRLC-NOW Serving CA Homeowners
Loan Modification - 100%
www.KeyLM.com Free Consultation. Work with Ethics & Experience! 800-969-7239

Search Results

Local business results for loan modification near Sacramento, CA

M3 Legal Services - M3 Companies
- www.m3legalservices.com
1401 El Camino Ave Suite 510, Sacramento - (800) 920-2848
Directions and more

GorillaOPS.com
- www.gorillaops.com
77 Cadillac Drive, Sacramento - (916) 730-9296
Directions and more

Sylvia Williams Reverse Mortgages (Loan Modification/Short Sale ...
- www.drsylviawilliams.com
915 I St., Sacramento - (866) 523-1959
Directions and more
More results near Sacramento, CA
California Mortgage,San Franciso,Santa Rosa,Clara,Ana,Fresno
Empire Home Loan Corporation does not engage in Mortgage Modification. ... Fresno Mortgage, Sacramento, Oakland, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Bakersfield, Riverside , ...
www.empirehomeloan.com/ - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

Green_Day
02-12-2009, 06:37 AM
You can do the exact same thing yourself on your own with your Google Adwords account. You simply create an ad (takes a few minutes), set your bid price, activate geo-targeting inside your Google Adwords account settings, and then you can even go in and tell Google exactly which websites you for-sure want them to go after.

No need to pay someone like Local Adlink to do this for you. You can do it yourself easy and save the $70 per month. I spend way less than that each month to have our ads pop up on website via Google Geo targeting ads.

But I'll warn you, geotargeting ads don't produce a lot of calls. What really produces a lot of calls is being on top of Google in the organic listings. Type in "landscaping Portland Oregon" into Google and see who's site comes up on top in the regular (organic) results. That's what produces calls.

So don't count on having your adwords show up on popular sites like DavesGarden.com,Landscaping.com,Bloom.com and MarthaStewart.com. I am only trying to help local companies and you are trying to dissuade people into believing they can do what LocalAdLink can do.

jimlewis
02-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Like I said, I don't care too much whether my ads come up on those sites or not. I could specify those exact sites for my ad to come up if I wanted to. Google allows you to place your ads on specific sites. But again, those ads aren't what brings in the money for us.

jimlewis
02-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Jim,

Keep paying PPC. Don't you know why your PPC is so expensive? They pay people to go on those sponsored links and click on them all day. It is well known in the industry that that is done. Sorry to inform you that those were not all customers.

I know very well why I pay so much for PPC. It's a little expensive but well worth the results. For instance, last June our Google Adwords bill was a little over $1350.00. But our total sales just for that month were $186,000. A good half of those jobs or so came from people finding us via a regular Google search. And back then, I didn't know about SEO so my site wasn't coming up on organic listings. It was only coming up via my paid PPC ad.

So once you start getting those kind of results with your $70 ad, let me know. Maybe then I'll be interested in checking it out. But for my money, I am happy to stick with PPC, even despite the larger monthly payment. Results don't lie.

As for the click fraud you're referring to. That doesn't happen much, if at all. My analytics program allows me to track every single hit I get on my website, where it came from, what search term they used to find me (if they used a search engine), what their IP address is, which pages they checked out, how long they stayed on each page, what country they are from, what browser they are using, etc. I review that stuff fairly regularly. I've never seen someone who came to my site for just a few seconds (e.g. just to cause me a click rate charge) and left and did that repeatedly in the same day. I might be overlooking a few here and there. But I can tell by reviewing my analytics that most of the people visiting our site are legitimate interested parties and they are spending usually several minutes on the site. So I don't buy your click fraud argument. I think you're exaggerating.

By the way, why so defensive? You own the company or something? I'm just telling you what works. And that you can do the same exact thing via Google Adwords if you want. If you don't want, fine. Stick to that other company. I got no dog in this fight. Not like I am in love with Google or anything. They are a giant corporate behemoth like Microsoft. And I typically don't like companies like that. But they bring me in a lot of business and it works. So I am just sharing my experience. But hey, if this thing is producing stellar results for all you guys, don't let me rain on your parade. Keep it up.

Green_Day
02-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Well, Not everyone is as fortunate as you are Jim, or educated in Google adwords. I applaud your success and wish only the best. Also, I am not getting defensive only refuting that our advertising does different things and seeks out "qualified customers" through contextual reading technology. They don't have to be necessarily searching for a particular service or company to see a something they are interested in. That's all I am saying. As well as we help optimize by being connected to our website. Did your site Jim get 1 million hits last month? Not to brag but our advertisers all received over 15 million. That's all I am saying. Happy mowing and keep kickin grass

Steve
02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Jim,

Chris was very nice enough to offer one of our members a free trial of his services, maybe you could be the one to try it out and since you are more in the know about internet advertising than many of us, you would be in a better position than most to know how to compare the results with other avenues you have experimented with.

jimlewis
02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I guess I didn't realize this was Chris' company. I didn't mean to be rude or dog someone's business. I just thought it was someone on this forum saying, "Hey, check out this website you can get your company listed with...." And I've seen a million sites like that come and go over the years. Still hundreds out there now even trying to get contractor's money and promising the moon. Places like Merchant Circle, ClickSmart, and hundreds more.

I admit, I didn't look into how Chris' company worked much. I didn't even realize it was his company. I just thought it was another of the same things I've seen hundreds of times.

So my apologies.

I am willing to look into it. When I get some time I'll check it out more thoroughly. I've spent a lot of money and time over the years joining many of these kinds of sites and very few have ever produced results like just regular Google searches do. But again, things are changing. I am an open minded guy. So I'll look into it more. I probably jumped to conclusions a little. Sorry about that Chris.

SprinklerRepair
02-13-2009, 01:35 PM
I checked out the site, and it's like the Yellow Pages, Yipple or Merchant Circle.. You are one of many listings.

Why not stand out? For a one time payment of $60 you could get www.Articlez.com (http://www.articlez.com/index.php) to write 10 articles based on your keywords. Paste those into your Word Press blog and also submit to the directories/article sites that I list at Google Slam (http://www.**********.com)and you would rank as a STAND ALONE RETURN for those keywords.

Submit those posts to the RSS feeders and you own the serp (search engine return.)

And, if you do it the way I explain in the free report (http://www.**********.com), there is no "monthly fee". Do it once.

That's whats nice about OWNING versus RENTING serps. Once you own it, if you want, you can sell it.

No different than terrestrial real estate. Owning beats renting every time.

Green_Day
02-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Jim,
Thanks for your sincerity but I have to tell you that it is not my company. We are a publicly traded company. Our CEO, Bob McNaulty was the early business plan geniuses that came up with the Home Depot business plan. He started the Home Club and Shopping.com. He sold them both for about half a billion. So we are not just any company friend. I am am merely an independent sales brand builder. I simply thought that there were some folks on here that would see the value of our service. You will soon see in the very near future, your competitors on the top sponsored links listed on LocalAdLink..And I was NEVER giving anyone a free test of this. It cost money to advertise, to put these ads all over the internet and for our contextual reading software to aide in your search rankings, hell no this was never free. Would you mow someone's grass for free to show them you knew how to keep your mower in line and not scalp their yard...EXACTLY

Green_Day
02-22-2009, 12:16 AM
I don't have geo-targeting set on all my ads. But I don't like those kind of ads much anyway. So I give them such a small bid that I don't care so much if they occasionally appear outside the area I am targeting. I could spend the time to make every ad I have specifically geo-targeted, if I wanted. But the thing is sometimes my clients are away in California or have two homes or are just moving into our area. So most of my stuff is geared more toward specific key words more than it is geo targeted. And I pay so little for those little ads anyway, I don't really care.

My PPC main ads in Google and Yahoo, those I pay some serious dough for. The bid price on those is pretty high. But the bid price for these little text ads is ike 40 cents and they rarely get clicked on. I spend less than $20 a month on those. So I've never felt the need to really get them totally dialed in like I would like them. It's just additional advertising.

My main advertising is getting my site to the top of the Google organic listings. My fall-back is PPC advertising with Google and Yahoo. And then I have several other fall-backs to catch people too.

Organic is fine but slow and hard to maintain. Get results quick with LocalAdLink!